Exceptional Values! Honeymooners: Bottle of sparkling wine, fruit basket, honeymoon dinner with a bottle of house wine, and room upgrade (based on availability, min. 5 night stay). Family: Two kids ages 12 and under stay, play, and eat free. Families of five may share the minimum room category with existing bedding (two adults and up to three children ages 12 and under).
Oasis Palm offers family friendly fun in a fantastic location. This all-inclusive resort is located at the north entrance to Cancun's hotel zone and sits on a picturesque white-sand beach.
Oasis Palm features exciting amenities, activities for all ages, and exceptional cuisine. Work up a sweat in the gym or relax your body and soul at the spa. Splash in the spectacular free-form pool or play in the Caribbean sand. Young guests will enjoy the kids' club, which features a pool, restaurant, overnight camp, amphitheater, and activity rooms. Oasis Palm offers six restaurants and eight bars.
Take in splendid views of the Caribbean Sea or Nichupte Lagoon from one of 470 rooms that reflect a modern Mexican style. Great memories are waiting to be made at Oasis Palm.
Rooms are located within the main pyramid structure and offer a splendid view of the sunset over Nichumpe Lagoon and the Caribbean ocean.
The Oasis Palm is a family-friendly All-Inclusive style resort. At the Oasis Palm, we allow 3 children and 2 adults in a room. The reosrt offers connecting rooms wit specially designed rooms for kids. Exciting Kid's club with great activities.
Beach: Set along nearly 200 meters (650ft) of powdery white sand in Cancun's Hotel Zone and because the sea is shallow at this end of the island just more four feet deep and calm, extremely kid friendly.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12 noon
Total Rooms: 470
Year Opened: 1981
Wireless internet use fee $20 per 24 hours period. Public areas have limited use. In-room safe deposit box fee $5 per day. All rooms do not have a balcony or terrace.
Rooms are located throughout the two buildings of Oasis Palm and offer a splendid view of the Caribbean Sea. Private bath with one king bed or two double beds.
Other Amenities -
Radio Alarm Clock
STANDARD FAMILY ROOM
Rooms are located within the main pyramid structure and allow a splendid view of the Caribbean Sea. Two connecting rooms with one designed with kids in mind. One king or two double beds.
Other Amenities -
Radio Alarm Clock
Rooms are located throughout the two bulidings of Oasis Palm and provide a variety of views from limited ocean-view to sunset views of the lagoon. One king bed or two double beds.
Other Amenities -
Radio Alarm Clock
Safe deposit box $3.50 per day.
All rooms do not have a balcony or terrace.
Oasis Palm features 1 meal plan options:
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 6 Restaurants at Oasis Palm:
La Bamba -
Veracruz seafood. Open for lunch and dinner. Reservations required.
Buffet and Yucatan Corner. Serves international and Mexican cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Dols Lunas -
A la carte restaurant featuring pizza and Italian cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Sushi Bar -
Mexican suchi fusion. Open for lunch.
Isla Mujeres -
Snacks. Open only for lunch.
La Cantina -
Mexican gourmet restaurant.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
Fitness Center, Non-Motorized Water Sports, 9-Hole Golf Course (near-by), Kid's Club, Cooking Lessons, Game Areas.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
Dinner & Entertainment Shows, Mexican Culture & Folklore, Disco, Cantina Bar, Evening Shows, Beach Parties
Cooking Lessons, Disco, Movies, Game Areas (Wii ans Xbox), Overnight Club, Pool/Slide, Playground Activity Classes.
Applicable Ages: 4 to 15 years old
Program Fees: Complimentary
Babysitting Fee: $
Advance Notice for Babysitting: 24- Hour notice
Vacations Customer Satisfaction Score
85 past Apple Vacationers would recommend Oasis Palm to their friends and family
My wife and I were going away to Cancun for 6 days to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary as well as to attend a friend's wedding in Cancun. We were very excited as we had never gone on a...
My wife and I were going away to Cancun for 6 days to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary as well as to attend a friend's wedding in Cancun. We were very excited as we had never gone on a tropical vacation before. Our expectations were to stay at an all-inclusive resort that felt romantic, peaceful, and luxurious. I have given this establishment a 2/5 rating because it did not meet our expectations.
I'll start with the good:
- The air conditioning in the room was AMAZING! If this had not been the case, the trip would have been horrible.
- The rooms were clean. It did not feel gross in our room and bathroom.
- The food and bottled water did not make us feel sick or gross. It certainly wasn't excellent by any stretch, but it was not horrible either.
- Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful, but you could tell they likely were not getting paid much and therefore were not too motivated to provide an exceptional experience.
The biggest issue we had was the overall feel of the resort: it felt cheap, as though everything was done to the minimum standard. It was not just in the physicality of the structure but an intangible feeling the air of the place--almost like corporate leadership was being stingy and did not want to invest in the property nor properly pay the staff. I felt that the resort was more interested in getting money out of me than in making a life-long customer. I did not feel like a guest as much as a money-source. This is bad business. Whether it's true or not, that's how it felt. And perception is reality--especially to the customer.
Another issue we encountered was the noise and busyness of the resort. An activity in the pool area was always going on--from 10am to 11pm daily. (The pool area is central to the resort--the building wraps around it.) Music (with loud bass) was constantly going, whether live band or recorded music. It seemed like the staff believed it was their job to keep the guests entertained. I suppose that if you come to a resort expecting to be entertained, then this might not be a problem. But we came for a romantic, peaceful getaway. The music and commotion at the pool was so loud that it was definitely audible even our room with the window shut. And the beach was so close to the pool area that it was far from peaceful and quiet. This was not an adults-only place, but it wasn't the noise from the kids that bothered us. It was the entertainment noise that felt oppressive.
Some other negative details:
- The restaurants were hot and humid. They did not seem air conditioned in the least.
- The elevators were small and extremely hot and humid. One even broke down while we were there (we fortunately were not on board) while a family was inside.
- Our room, albeit clean, was in various stages of disrepair. The paint job was extremely sloppy. Ceiling vents were bent and sticking out. Shower fixtures and sink faucets were old, tarnished, and not even close to nice. Shower grout was browned in certain areas (not sure if it was from being dirty or from water deposits). The window did not seal well, allowing for a great deal of sound to enter. The hair dryer bracket was falling off the wall. In short, there were lots of little things that were far from excellent. Where is the pride is mediocre maintenance work? It felt like a cheap hotel room because nothing was nice except the air conditioning which kept me sane.
- Depending on where you walked on the resort grounds, it was not uncommon to smell the strong odor of garbage. Even back behind the main pool area in the outdoor portion of the hotel spa, a horrendous rotten meat smell was consistently present in the evenings. I would expect this from the service entrance but not in any of the customer areas.
- The food was very mediocre. Again, we didn't feel gross or in danger of getting sick, but we had expected much higher quality food. And I didn't realize that 2 of the restaurants were buffet until we arrived. We weren't miserable but were disappointed. And the "nice" restaurants were either for extra pay or for the Grand members only (we stayed at the Oasis Palm--not the adjoining Grand Oasis Palm). But I even am suspect of the food quality at the nicer restaurants considering the quality of the regular ones.
- Wi-fi was not free.
In summary, we were sorely disappointed. We chose to enjoy our visit instead of mope around the 6 days we were there, but we would never ever choose to return to anything owned and operated by Oasis Resorts. (We also heard from friends who were at the Oasis Cancun that their experience was similar if not worse than ours.) And again, it was far too busy, too noisy, un-romantic, and the furthest thing from excellent. If I'm spending a good deal of money to fly out of the country, I want it to feel worth it. I feel like my money was largely wasted in staying at the Oasis Palm.
Ijec40, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Fri Aug 07 23:09:18 EDT 2015
Excellent for a family or a couple. Recently I stayed for a weekend (4 days and 3 nights) with my partner on the Oasis Palm Cancun, and the experience was very good. The hotel was at full capacity...
Excellent for a family or a couple. Recently I stayed for a weekend (4 days and 3 nights) with my partner on the Oasis Palm Cancun, and the experience was very good. The hotel was at full capacity and the service was kind of slow, but Jessica and the staff at the front desk was really helpfull. The room was nice and clean but needs some improvements. The beach was one of the best features in comparison to other more fancy places around. The water at the pool was hot, all the time. If you want to refresh yourself, go to the beach instead. The restaurants are many, and most of them are buffets. The best of them all is the one next to pool with air conditioned, I think the name was Dos Lunas. Jose and Noe will serve you in the morning one of the best coffees i have tasted in a vacation. Food was ok, typical buffet food, and we didn't get sick from the water. The shows at night were great for the general public. One important thing is the hotel is near the EMBARCADERO, where you make most of the arraignments for the trips to Isla mujeres, Tulum and Cozumel, just cross the bridge near the hotel and you are set. If you have the opportunity take a visit to relax in a very beautiful place.
Worst Vacation We Ever Had!!!
P V, Jersey City, New Jersey
Thu Aug 06 15:31:29 EDT 2015
Staff extremely rude at front desk, in particular an older Mexican lady. My shuttle left my family and I due to me waiting for her to check us out, (credit card machines not working) she didn't even...
Staff extremely rude at front desk, in particular an older Mexican lady. My shuttle left my family and I due to me waiting for her to check us out, (credit card machines not working) she didn't even care that we were left and asked me, "what do I want her to do, it's not her fault credit cards are down" I guess it's my fault. Nontheless, we took a cab and paid for it since hotel would not take responsibility.
Food horrible, elevators hot and too small, Internet not working but they charge me anyway, traveled to their sister property and even that wasn't much better than oasis palm.
I've been all around the world on vacation and this place by far is the worst I have encountered. Don't waste your money their, stay at a better resort in cancun or find another country.
All they want is your money without giving hospitality and/or service.
Thank you Oasis Palm for ruining my vacation, LESSON LEARNED
Below average. Only stay here if you want an OK vacation.
terbear08, Mustang, Oklahoma
Wed Aug 05 19:27:25 EDT 2015
I just left this hotel today from a 5 night stay. I went with my husband, two kids, mother, and friends. 9 total. I will never stay at this hotel again. The price was attractive but you get what you...
I just left this hotel today from a 5 night stay. I went with my husband, two kids, mother, and friends. 9 total. I will never stay at this hotel again. The price was attractive but you get what you pay for.
1. It is hot everywhere. No ac inside except the rooms. They keep the doors and windows of the hotel open and not shut adding to the heat.
2. The rooms are seriously outdated and worn. Furniture was cheap and severely chipped. Blankets smelled like must. The entire room see like mold and musty. The bathroom is super small. Only a shower stall that never drained. The beds and covers were thin and dingy and non inviting. They couldn't even hang the picture on the wall straight.
3. No fridge or ice for inside the room.
4. The food was not very good. It was the same thing over and over again every day which made eating there for 5 days boring. There are other restaurants but they aren't included in the package. You have to pay extra. The snack bars are only open during some parts of the day. You can't take food up to your rooms if you want a quick snack from the restaurants. You have to wait for a snack bar to be open.
5. The beach is super small and crowded. You have to get a towel from them in the morning and make sure you turn it in or they will charge you. However the towel place closes at 5.
6. Lines for the restaurants get super long. Make sure you get there early.
7. My friends room had sand in the bed the first time she got it in. Meaning they hadn't changed the sheets from the guest before her.
8. You have to ask for conditioner.
9. Pool closes at 8 pm.
10. They charge for wifi
11. They charge for a lock for a safe (which didn't work) and they told me they wouldn't charge me but wanted to charge me when I checked out because no one wrote it down and I didn't know he persons name.
1. EXCELLENT STAFF!!! (Except Judith at the front desk but that's another story) the bar tenders and house keeping staff are amazing.
2. Excellent kids club
3. Excellent concierge
Bad Hotel, Never again. Will advise stay away if you want any kind of service.
Ashish G, Cerritos, California
Wed Aug 05 15:49:18 EDT 2015
The only good thing about this hotel is that it is on the beach. Other than that this place nothing to write home about. The food was horrible. I can understand we are not in the USA, but I am sure...
The only good thing about this hotel is that it is on the beach. Other than that this place nothing to write home about. The food was horrible. I can understand we are not in the USA, but I am sure there could be better prepared food. Breakfast was doable. Dinner bad. The common areas, including the lobby, bars and restaurant had no air conditioning. Some of the floors were under construction. In the morning there was a lot of noise and strong smell of Turpentine. We travelled in a group that needed six rooms. They put 5 rooms on 7th floor and one room on 2nd floor. When we complained they moved that one room back to 7th floor, but not until the next day. So we had unpack and repack in the morning. Sink was clogged. The shower was clogged. There was mini fridge in the new rooms but it was locked. Access to the mini fridge us $5 per day. Any complains we made, the answer was "Sorry", but no effort to compensate for anything. They advertised Pirate Cruise on their website (supposedly all inclusive), when we asked for it they told us it was not included and we had to pay $135 for the cruise. When we showed them their website advertised it all inclusive, they simply said it was a misprint and they will correct it. But not once did they offer any thing else. May 25% off, may 50% off. Nothing, no compensation.
I would say that if this hotel was in USA, they would be looking at law suit for not honoring their own advertisement. As I mentioned earlier, all common areas were warm. When we called maintenance they did not show up until we went downstairs and stayed until some one showed up.
All-Inclusive, really, there is no supply of bottled water anywhere accept at the front desk, which you have to ask for. And then the bottle they give you is about 90 degrees, and no way to cool it. There is no ice anywhere except when you ask for it and then it takes about 45 minutes for it get there.
If I ever go to Cancun, this is the one hotel I will seriously avoid.
comments and opinions on this Ratings and Reviews section of our website
are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and Apple
Vacations.passengers. They are providied 'as is' and we accept no
responsibility for any loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage
resulting from this information. You should verify critical information
(for example passports and visas, and customs) with the relevant
authorities, and review our Fair Trade Contract and Things To Know
Before You Go (including our Health and Safety Tips For Travelers)
before you travel.
Recommended for Family VacationsTwo kids 12 and under stay, play, and eat free with two adults.
APPLE RATINGS: Exceptional Standard of Service &
First Class; First
Class; Comfortable; Modest
Superior to other hotels with the same rating; Superior to other hotels with the same rating
Follow us for travel tips & great vacation package deals
*Unless otherwise noted, fares include ROUNDTRIP AIRFARE via U.S. certified air carrier, hotel transfers (in Mexico and the Caribbean), hotel tax, resort baggage handling, fuel surcharges and all pre-collected U.S. and foreign taxes and fees including September 11th Security Fee. Packages in Turks and Caicos or San Juan, Puerto Rico do not include airport transfers. Packages flying into Cancun but staying in Cozumel require supplemental ferry transfers at an additional cost. More details
Apple Vacations specializes in vacations to top destinations like Cancun, Punta Cana, the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Panama, Hawaii, and many others in the Caribbean and Mexico. Enjoy the convenience of one-stop shopping. Your Apple Vacation includes your flight, hotel, and transfers -- or choose an all-inclusive resort where even your meals, drinks, and more are included -- and all for one, affordable price. Whether you?re looking for a cheap flight or all-inclusive vacation, luxury vacation, family vacation, honeymoon package, last-minute vacation, golf vacation, or group travel deal, make Apple Vacations your first stop. Learn more about the Apple Advantage >