2019 Resort Added Values!: Daily Breakfast for two or Free room Upgrades (restricted to specific categories.)
Family: Kids 17 & under Stay Free.
Hilton Hawaiian Village is Waikiki's only beachfront resort and sits on 22 lush tropical acres. It fronts the widest stretch of white sand beach and boasts the best swimming pools and waterslides in Waikiki. Beautiful manicured gardens, exotic wildlife, and waterfalls, and priceless artwork are just some of the unique attributes of this famous resort.
Choose from five magnificent towers nestled within the resort village. All 2,860 rooms have been designed for comfort and function. The beachfront Ali'i Tower is all about privacy, with its separate registration desk and exclusive concierge services. Rainbow Tower has sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Diamond Head, and the Honolulu coastline. Set right on the sand, it is adjacent to the 10,000 square-foot Super Pool. Take in the ocean, mountain, city and garden views from Tapa Tower, conveniently situated next to the Tapa Pool and steps away from shops, restaurants, and bars. Diamond Head Tower is centrally located near other resort amenities, and offers scenic ocean and garden views. Or, relax at the Kalia Tower, home to the world-renowned Mandara Spa.
You will find a full range of ocean activities that include surfing, snorkeling on the reef, stand-up paddle boarding, catamaran cruises, and the Atlantis Submarine rides. Or simply rent a beach chair and umbrella to unwind on the beach or Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon. Enjoy free daily cultural activities, the Waikiki Starlight Luau, and over 90 shops and services. To top off your experience, enjoy the fireworks show that takes place every Friday evening.
Experience a variety of restaurants, cafes, and lounges without having to leave the property. The resort's 18 eateries serve an extensive array of international fare. Whether you want to enjoy a family outing, romantic evening, or a sophisticated business dinner, a selection of oceanfront restaurants offer gourmet cuisine, elegance, and outstanding service.
The first-rate Mandara Spa offers Balinese-style service and a variety of treatments, including Hawaiian Lomilomi massage. The resort's Fitness Center is the Hilton Fitness Health Club which is open to all guests and offers everything you may need for a satisfying workout.
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy: This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort charge: A mandatory resort charge is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort charge inclusions:
- Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
- In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
- Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
- Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
- 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
- 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
- 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
- Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
- Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating18036 reviews
Lagoon beach on Sunset
It was Awesome place. Everything what you need is in there, Hilton. And also you can reach waikiki beach and alamoana mall within 20minutes by walk. But, they dont have a room service only room delivery until 9:30 p.m. and should pay 10dollars for delivery.
Big resort type hotel
Arrived after 24 hours flying from uk. Check in was fast was warned about the resort fee in advance which is just another way of hotels charging extra which comes free in Europe. The room was large maybe a bit dated but no problems what so ever. Found all the staff helpful and friendly to me. On Friday night there is a show around the pool Hawaiian dancing then firework display. The hotel is like a village with so many shops selling jewellery clothes perfume and various other items. The hotel is on the beach so handy for a swim with towels provided to guests. Check out was very straight forward and the hotel said they would allow us to store our luggage the following week as our flight was late evening when we returned from the cruise. For me it was a bit too overpowering would suit younger people not so noisy or crowded.
Waste of money
Last year we stayed at the Aulani hotel but decided on Hilton this year thinking service would be just as excellent and we'd be close to Waikiki. The price we got was $204 per night but you must add taxes + $45 resort fee + $52 valet parking. Which comes out to over $350 per night which would be worth it if service was excellent and the hotel wasn't so run down. We pulled up and no one helped us. We had to waive someone down and ask for help. As we continued our stay we found this was the normal. Even though you are clearly in the valet line. At check in because we were "local" it was assumed we had stayed there before and knew our way around and because of this I was offered directions or a map. Again I had to ask. The room was bigger then most hotel rooms in Waikiki but so out dated. Our carpet in front of the a/c was soaking wet. I saw a housekeeper in the hallway and asked her if someone could check the a/c as well because it kept going on and off. We were there Monday to Wednesday the issue was never addressed. I rented a few items from the Lagoon area and asked if help. I had 2 kids with me in since my husband was waiting in the room for maintenance (that never came). No one came to help me. Again I went back to the stand and asked for help to load the small boat into the water, the workers all looked at each other saying you go help while the other pointed saying no you. Whatever I just went and did it myself. The last day we planned to spend the day in the pool with the slides since we had been out around the island. It was shut down due to contamination. I was frustrated by the lack of service and called down to the front desk. I called down and spoke to a nice woman who took my complaints and said a manager would contact me. Well I have not heard from a manager. So I went ahead and put in a complaint with Hilton as well. So far nothing. I would never stay here again. It was a huge disappointment and waste of my hard earned money. The service is crap. I can't believe a HUGE resort like this didn't have basic things like call down valet service. For gods sake it's $52 for parking can't I call down and have my car waiting. Water, there were no water stations. You would think a bigger hotel like this would be all for saving plastic bottles and having water stations to fill up.
Service sub par
This was clearly once a premier property, and it still has some nice elements. But, they have way too much money spent on staff to sell time shares, and no money to hire staff at any of the bars, especially pool bars. At $16 a drink, and $8.50 a beer, you would think selling drinks would be lucrative. Apparently not. Plan on waiting 20 minutes or more to get served. We left Tapa pool bar with no lunch or drinks, having waited longer than that and never being even acknowledged. Place was half empty, but one waitress working alone. Seriously Hilton, you need to up your game at this price point.
Was sold a suite in the hotel. An apartment they said.... Same room provided by Motel 6 in Barstow, Ca. I don't normally write bad reviews - this place earned it. No amenities in hotel - Starbucks and an ukelele shop, really...