2019 Exceptional Values: Daily Breakfast for two or Free room Upgrades (restricted to specific categories.)
Family: Kids 17 & under Stay Free.
Hilton Hawaiian Village is Waikiki's only beachfront resort and sits on 22 lush tropical acres. It fronts the widest stretch of white sand beach and boasts the best swimming pools and waterslides in Waikiki. Beautiful manicured gardens, exotic wildlife, and waterfalls, and priceless artwork are just some of the unique attributes of this famous resort.
Choose from five magnificent towers nestled within the resort village. All 2,860 rooms have been designed for comfort and function. The beachfront Ali'i Tower is all about privacy, with its separate registration desk and exclusive concierge services. Rainbow Tower has sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Diamond Head, and the Honolulu coastline. Set right on the sand, it is adjacent to the 10,000 square-foot Super Pool. Take in the ocean, mountain, city and garden views from Tapa Tower, conveniently situated next to the Tapa Pool and steps away from shops, restaurants, and bars. Diamond Head Tower is centrally located near other resort amenities, and offers scenic ocean and garden views. Or, relax at the Kalia Tower, home to the world-renowned Mandara Spa.
You will find a full range of ocean activities that include surfing, snorkeling on the reef, stand-up paddle boarding, catamaran cruises, and the Atlantis Submarine rides. Or simply rent a beach chair and umbrella to unwind on the beach or Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon. Enjoy free daily cultural activities, the Waikiki Starlight Luau, and over 90 shops and services. To top off your experience, enjoy the fireworks show that takes place every Friday evening.
Experience a variety of restaurants, cafes, and lounges without having to leave the property. The resort's 18 eateries serve an extensive array of international fare. Whether you want to enjoy a family outing, romantic evening, or a sophisticated business dinner, a selection of oceanfront restaurants offer gourmet cuisine, elegance, and outstanding service.
The first-rate Mandara Spa offers Balinese-style service and a variety of treatments, including Hawaiian Lomilomi massage. The resort's Fitness Center is the Hilton Fitness Health Club which is open to all guests and offers everything you may need for a satisfying workout.
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy: This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort charge: A mandatory resort charge is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort charge inclusions:
- Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
- In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
- Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
- Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
- 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
- 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
- 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
- Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
- Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 17587 reviews
I took my granddaughter to Hawaii for a cruise of the islands. We flew in early so we would have time to see Oahu. I chose the Hawaiian Village because I felt is was more kid friendly for her. When we arrived we were upgraded to the Rainbow Tower. Our room was on the 9th floor and on an end. We had a wonderful view of the ocean as well as the courtyard and its pool. It was spectacular in my opinion. The way the elevator system works was wonderful. No lines and no waiting. Loved it! I would recommend this property, but for me it was pricey.
Best Vacation of my life!! This Hilton is absolutely astonishing in size let alone your first trip to Hawaii!. More like a Las Vegas feel 1000’s of employees! Tons of stuff to do! Right on the beach. Everyone we encountered was having the time of their lives as well as us! The Tropics bar and restaurant was great! And all the pool side bars and Starbucks right on property! Very nice layout and beautiful breathtaking scenery at every corner. The hotel has tons of activities you can sign up for! As well as a kids camp! Loved the hotel can’t wait to return! Go check it out for yourself! Never a dull moment at the Hilton Hawaiian village!
Amazing hotel with soft new 8 king polar fleece blankets in room.
The housekeeping did amazing job. The pool area nice. But security is weak theft is major issues at hotels i believe still. They made the bed with my two blankets from home. Also there new king blankets amazing too. Took pictures too. You have to request them since they a none standard in the rooms at rainbow tower resort hotel.
Exceeded my expectations
After staying in a budget hotel in Waikiki, I found myself wanting more. As I had days before proposed to my partner I thought it appropriate to upgrade to a better hotel and enjoy our last 6 days in Hawaii. I found a great deal on Expedia and found ourselves on our way to the rainbow tower at the Hilton Hawaiian village. Check in although can have long queues we were greeted by a wonderful desk clerk who expedited our check in and gave us a great explanation of the surrounding areas. Our baggage was attended by bell hops and yes they still call them bellhops. We took in the views of wildlife as well as gardens and the surrounding waterfalls as we made our way to our room. And what a room ocean front 17th floor! WOW. the staff brought our bags after a brief conversation and were there in no time. They are efficient and extremely pleasant they can’t do enough for you, and that is reflected in the tip. Over all we felt relaxed as soon as we entered the hotel and our posture and stress levels certainly dropped after being in town and experienced crowds, homelessness, and noise from sirens every night. Thanks you HiltonHawaiian Village for a restful stay. We will be back. 1st picture view from our room to beach. 2nd the super pool. 3rd Waikiki and Diamond head from our room. 4th the sunset a short walk to the jetty from our tower. 5th picture Cynthia barmaid at Huatree bar excellent service beautiful lady. 6th picture enjoying the drink hautree bar. 7th us enjoying another day in front of rainbow tower. 8th paradise pool for family and kids especially because of the water slides. 9th our room rainbow tower oceanfront
Nice property, but many opportunities for improvement in many areas.........................
Booked 2 rooms (adjoining) for our family. Went to the Hilton Honors check in line. Check in was slow and seemed to be understaffed. Was informed that the hotel did not have adjoining rooms, not that they weren't available, but they did not have adjoining rooms. I questioned this but was repeatedly given the same story. So, we ended up with 2 rooms on the same floor. Check in experience was not great. We were not given a map of the property and were given verbal instructions how to find our room. The property has multiple towers and we initially ended up in the wrong tower. Staff in that tower provided clear direction to the correct tower. Definitely room for improvement in this process. When we entered the first room, the first thing we saw was a door to an adjoining room, which we were told didn't exist. Obviously, we were not pleased. Both rooms were nice but nothing special. In our opinion and based on our sore backs, the beds are way too soft. The property is beautiful and with the exception of pigeon control, was well maintained. The pool area don't provide much shade for those of us that can't stay in direct sun the entire day. The surrounding buildings provide shade at various times of the day based on the path of the sun. Umbrellas were not available. Umbrella's and chairs were available for rent at the beach. Beach is very nice. Pigeons are an issue anytime food is present around the pool and sometimes when there isn't food. Pigeons are also a problem in the Tropics Bar and Grill which is beach side. Netting is in place around the perimeter but the doors are left open. Pigeons landed on tables, chairs, etc. Pigeons droppings were noted in multiple locations. We experienced multiple aggressive pigeons when trying to eat. Aren't Pigeon droppings known to carry Salmonela? Another issue in Tropics was a family letting a child (approximately 18 months) run around in the restaurant without pants, diaper, etc. Then the couple had him sitting on the chairs, table, etc. without pants, diaper, etc. Didn't really need to see this while dining. Glad we weren't the next customers at that table. Waitress saw it but nothing was done. Inquired about late check in because our flight was at 9:00 pm. Told it was not available without additional charges. I agreed to pay the $150 for one room then was told she would have to talk with her Supervisor because it may not be available. Then why did you offer it? Supervisor called me about 3 hours later to let me know they would accommodate the late check out Overall, it's a nice property but management needs to improve the overall operation of the facility, including check in experience, take better care of Hilton Honors members, deal with the pigeon issue, training of staff, etc.