General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy: This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort charge: A mandatory resort charge is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort charge inclusions:
- Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
- In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
- Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
- Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
- 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
- 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
- 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
- Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
- Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 17837 reviews
EXTREMELY DIRTY and outdated.
Extremely dirty rooms and outdated. Found THICK layers of dust on air filter in room, on top of motion sensor and sprinkler head. Shower head and soap holders are filthy and found hairs in towels. It is absolutely disgusting. Everything inside the room is outdated from TVs to clock on nightstand to furnitures. Everything is scuffed also. Having some outdated room isn’t a big deal but having a dirty room isn’t acceptable. I booked this hotel because it’s a Hilton brand. I m extremely disappointed. I get that people come to Hawaii to enjoy the outdoors and don’t spend much time in hotel rooms but this level of filth isn’t acceptable. This is pure neglect and mismanagement and training of their staff members. I wish I can check out but I have already pre-paid my entire stay as a package. I have stayed at cheaper 2.5 to 3 star hotels that are way better quality than this hotel
Best location on Waikiki
Without a doubt this property has the best beach location on Waikiki.you don't have to leave the resort with restaurants and shops all on the property plus if you'd like to take a trip up north shore or visit pearl harbor you can visit the shore excursion desk.I really did enjoy my stay here
Lovely resort, but Diamond members beware
My family and I stayed at this resort for 8 days in July 2019. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, and stay in a lot of Hilton hotels, all around the world. This resort is massive, with plenty of shops and restaurants and a great beach front position. If you don't mind sharing the pool with hundreds of other people, you'll enjoy it. We had no real problem getting sun loungers around the pool, however, there are no umbrellas anywhere, so you've got to rely on natural shade, which you're not going to get all day. The pools, while nice, are quite small, so we found ourselves on the beach more often than not, which was fine. We arrived late in the evening, and the check-in process was quick and easy as a result. The check-in queues in the day however, were enormous! As a diamond member, I am regularly upgraded to a nicer room, but this did not happen here. When I enquired about an upgrade, I was given a blank stare. Don't expect it. It's a very busy resort and I'm sure they are full most of the time. The room we were given was very dated and old fashioned. This was in the main tower. It was all big, dark wood furniture and moulded bathroom features. Once we were settled however, it was fine, and suited our needs. The main issue I had with the hotel was its ridiculous prices for food, drink and activities. As I have already mentioned, there are no umbrellas around the pools, the lagoon or on the beach, but they are available to hire (of course!). To hire two sun loungers and one umbrella for the day will cost you over $100. You can also hire kayak, paddle boards, water bikes etc. $50 per hour on average. Fancy a shaved ice to cool down.. $9 each. All these things can be hired a short walk away along the beach for half the price. Alternatively, we bought an umbrella from Target for $15, used in during the week, and then gave it to another family when we left. We did the same with our body boards, which are also available to rent at an extortionate price. Bring a lot of spending money with you. You'll need it. The other very disappointing aspect of the hotel from a diamond members point of view is the breakfast. In every single other Hilton hotel across the world, from Garden Inns to the Waldorf Astoria, a diamond member gets free breakfast. Here, you get $20 dining credit a day. I can tell you that $20 will not get one person breakfast in one of the restaurants, and will only just manage to get two coffees and two pastries from one of the two Starbucks in the hotel grounds, if you stick to the basic coffee. Oh, and you can't actually use the dining credit everywhere, only in about 7 locations. The amusing thing is, they seemed pretty pleased with themselves when they told me about the $20 credit. Overall, it's a very nice place, although dated by modern hotel standards. The pools are a little too small for the size of the resort, the rooms are old fashioned and the prices they charge are ridiculously high. On the plus side, you're in Hawaii - Chill out!
Too crowded to relax
This hotel is simply too crowded. With more than 3000 rooms, being on this property felt more like Times Square in New York City than the relaxing Hawaiian beach resort we were craving. The beach was very rocky as was the ocean floor so do not plan to walk into the ocean without some sort of footwear or you risk losing a toe or cutting your foot. The check in process took approximately 30 minutes which for any hotel is absurd. We didn’t wait in line for 30 minutes. We were actually at the counter being helped for 30 minutes and all we wanted to do was check in and get our room key. The rooms were Ok but a bit dated. The bathroom was particularly small and felt like a motel bathroom. We didn’t even try to find a seat poolside or go in any of the pools because they were so busy. We had only planned to stay for one night and we checked out early to get to Maui early. If you want a large resort where you don’t have to leave and love chaos while on vacation, then this is the resort for you.
Ce n'est pas un quatre étoile
First you have to wait for 50 minutes until you can do your chek in and get the keys to your room. The carpet and the furniture of the rooms are very old and durty. I reserved two rooms and asked to have the rooms far from the elevator, higher floor and if possible connecting. After 45 minutes of waiting we could do our chek-in and get the keys. The rooms where on the firts floor of rooms, right next to the elevator and the ice machine. I went back to the reception to ask to change rooms, I had to wait again 30 minutes, I explained again my wishes and it was told to me we can only change tomorrow afternoon. The next day at 4:30pm, I went to the front desk to get the new keys, another 30 minutes wait. The new rooms where in a new Tower, Tapa, 34 floor but right next to the elevator and not connecting. After 4 nights we found a cockroach in the drawer of our room and the next evening one in the room of the kids. I went to the manager to complain and they moved us in a other rooms for the last night. Honestly I had a very bad stay and the rooms, in Kalia and Tapa Tower are not worthy of a four star, I'm very disappointed.There is no service at all. If your key doesn't work you have to go back to the main reception and wait again at least for 30 minutes. They are all together 2000 rooms but one main reception. Rooms and service are not worthy of a four star but the prices are high. Definitely I will not go back to this hotel