General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy: This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort charge: A mandatory resort charge is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort charge inclusions:
- Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
- In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
- Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
- Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
- 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
- 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
- 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
- Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
- Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 17644 reviews
I want to say this was our first trip to Hawaii and we loved the property. For any parents that have been to a Disney resort in Orlando, the complex is much the same. Large and spread out. The elevator system worked well, the bus depot is a ways away from everything, but I understand the reasoning for that. Our room was nice and always cleaned top notch. I only have a few complaints. 1. There are no umbrellas at the pools, while I am aware you can rent an umbrella at the beach or lagoon, they are not allowed in the pool area. This would be a huge help to those with littles that want to lay down, eat a snack, or even a parent needing a little shade. 2. The food choices are not at all affordable for families. When having to spend $113 on breakfast for two adults and one child, it’s not feasible. Thank goodness for the ABC stores! And third, but not last, probably the most important.. the check-in process. It was horrible! We stood in line for over an hour and then upon getting to the desk another hour. I’m not sure how they can remedy this other than to have more associates and to better train the ones they have. Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay here.
Hawaii Vaca 2019
I stayed for a week with my daughter at the resort. The resort itself is beautiful. The grounds, coy ponds and parrots are a delight. There are several pools to choose from, my daughter chose the “super” pool everyday due to the huge size. The lagoon and beach were also walking distance. Check in and out were chaotic, especially for us arriving on a Saturday. Thankfully, there was a shorter line for HHoners Diamond members. Also, with Diamond status, I was given $10/day credit for myself and daughter in lieu of the free breakfast. The rooms are very mediocre for a Hilton property, yet clean though (Tapa) You can literally stay on the resort the entire stay if you wanted to, since all shops, restaurants and plenty activities are on site. We ventured into the island for day using the National car rental that was on the resort (book ahead or it will be sold out) Food were pricey, expected to be since we’re in Waikiki. Affordable breakfast can be had at the Wiki Wiki market (hot sandwiches or bagels) or ihop across the street. Starbucks line near the Tapa building was long, the secret is to go to the one in the Khalia building. I later discovered Lapperts coffee being very good and tasteful, they also offered toasted bagels for $3.50 plus other pastries. My daughter enjoyed ice cream treats there. We ate lunch/dinner at tropics, tapa bar and went onto Ala Moana blvd fee times. If you’re on a budget, Wiki Wiki market has a kids menu serving tenders, pasta, Mac n cheese at $11-$15 which I found reasonable. DQ also served hot dogs and burgers yet we didn’t try one. The ABC store were our go to for cold sandwiches, snacks and water It was pretty easy catching Charlie’s taxi cab at the front lobby, note that Uber and Lyft pick ups are near the diamond tower, which was out the way (Uber eats can drop off there too)
911 Elevator Rescue
My son and I were trapped in an elevator with 10 others for close to 2 hours last weekend. This hotels elevators have no air conditioning so temperatures quickly rose to over 100 degrees making the situation unbearable. While trapped, we repeatedly called the front desk and sounded the fire alarm to get help. The operator at the front desk was totally unprepared to respond to our emergency and reaction time was extremely slow. As the conditions grew worse, I was forced to call 911 myself to request the fire department rescue us. The fire department revealed that the hotel had not called (but should have) and that they would be on site in minutes. After close to 2 hours, we were finally rescued by the fire department who helped us climb out. We later learned that the hotel knew the elevator was operating poorly but kept it running anyway (this could have been prevented)! After escaping I called the General Manager of the hotel who was not on site, and who to this day, has not responded to my message.
Very average accommodations Bed was a little stiff ants in my bathroom And costly resort fee However the view was nice and the check out process was very convenient Would consider staying there again if they add a microwave to the Room
Good Resort - Good People !!
The resort was great except the fact it took us a while to check in and though I requested to be able to check in early as I had young kids, we had to wait for 4-5 hours for the check in. We met with an accident whilst in Hawaii and though most of the staff was courteous about the situation, one manager named “Eliastturtado” went out of his way to support the situation. Its these small things that people do which adds a lot of value to your trips. Pools, beach, lagoons are great, kids had a lot of fun in the water and moving around. Thanks a lot Hilton for your services.