General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy: This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort charge: A mandatory resort charge is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort charge inclusions:
- Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
- In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
- Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
- Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
- 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
- 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
- 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
- Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
- Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating17959 reviews
Do you like queuing?
The queue for check-in on 5th Sept 2019 was horrendous. There were plenty of people behind the desks but everyone took 10-15 minutes to check in. I do not know what the delay was as we (2 people) took approx 2 minutes to complete the process. This may say more about the other guests than the counter staff actually. After standing in a queue for 40+ minutes we were not in the best of moods. After checking out (express) we realised we did not return the pool cards so returned to the hotel a week later to hand them in (to avoid the charges!) - again - horrendous queue so it's obviously not a one-off thing.
2 Nights at the Ali-I Tower 8-29-8-30, 2019– Room 525
Large spacious room – 2 double beds – comfortable with 3 pillows. Good Lighting in all rooms. Large Screen TV. Room décor in Tan’s and Browns – Bird Themed pictures. Room furniture is a bit nicked and dated – could use a remodel Hugh Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo with private sliding door for the toilet facility. Nice Coconut/Papaya Large size toiletries. Full size balcony overlooking the pool area. You could see the Friday Night Fireworks from. Hotel was full but very quiet. We were advised on and knew of but each night hotel Tax of $57 should be included when you book and pre-pay. Would save time upon check in if reception was busy. Very pleasant stay.
We love Hilton Hawaiian Villiage
This is the best place to go especially if you have smaller kids. The pools are great, the ocean access is spectacular. (Watching a bit of a Hawaii Five-0 shoot on site was fun too!) This is our second stay here and we loved it both times. If we return to Waikiki we will stay here again for sure.
Everything was perfect. This hotel has perfect location right on the most popular Waikiki beach, the staff is very kind and helpful. There're so many different activities that you can do, so we had the most beautiful honeymoon here. Strongly recommend it!
Good Resort - but questionable value
We stayed in the Ali-i Tower for 9 nights. Staff were great, overall the resort was good. The room was good - although there was a USD $57 Daily Resort Tax per room (which we knew prior) - I don't know why the resort tax is not included in the room rate if it's not optional (somewhat deceptive). The weather was perfect, and the beach was wonderful. Food was relatively expensive in the resort. Cup of Starbucks below average coffee was USD $7. Travelling from Australia and given the existing exchange rates, makes this resort somewhat expensive.