LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee, per room, per night will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee inclusions:
* Complimentary unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
* Complimentary long distance and international calls – up to 60 minutes per day
* Resort interactive cultural activities (ukulele lessons, flower lei making, hula lessons)
* Access to Pressreader’s 5000 newspapers and magazines in multiple languages
* Complimentary use of beach amenities, e.g., Tommy Bahama beach chairs
* “Biki” bicycle ride sharing service – onetime credit of $3.00 per person (2 persons maximum)
* 24 Hour Stay Fit Gym access
* Re-usable Hyatt Regency Waikiki tote bag
* Re-usable souvenir Hyatt Regency Waikiki water bottle with water stations on each floor
* Children 5 & under “eat for free” from the Children’s menu with paying adult
* Discount coupons from participating Pualeilani Atrium shops, Na Ho’ola Spa and SWIM bar
* Complimentary incoming faxes
* Discounted surfing lessons and rental of beach equipment from Star Beach Boys
* Chromecast service for in-room television viewing
* Premium Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
* Complimentary plantation iced tea and fruit infused iced water at check-in
* House slippers and personal amenity items pre-set in guest room
* In-room coffee and tea
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, in accordance with Hawaii state law, has a non-smoking policy in all guestrooms, including lanais and balconies. Smoking is prohibited in guest rooms unless the room is designated as a smoking room, which is then only permitted on the lanai or balcony. A smoking room can be requested but it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Guests smoking in the non-smoking floor guest rooms will be assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 6565 reviews
Need more elevators. Had to wait in line each time we went from lobby too room.Food not up to quality hotel standards.
The location is great. The pool is very small. Beach across the street.Much street noise in the room.Food very pedestrian for the price. Parking lot made for smaller cars.The resort fee is Forty two dollars Plus tax comes to about 48 dollars per night, Add that to $9 dollars per night parking price goes up real fast.
Good location, but...
Location was good. It’s right across waikiki beach, and fairly in the middle of waikiki and walking distance to a lot of things. However, my husband and I were celebrating our honeymoon, and we were not acknowledged. The elevators were constantly busy, since they had 1 out of commission. We would wait upwards of 15 mins during peak hours. We had a city view room, but it overlooked a construction site which was extremely loud during the day. Also, spring for valet parking which is $50/day rather than self park at $40/day.
Horrible elevators and high fees
Wait for elevator was long and annoying. Took the stairs to and from the 19th floor in order to avoid long wait times. Although the location was nice, the almost $50 resort fee is extremely high for what is provided. Cleaning staff was excellent and very polite.
Great Location BUT.......
The hotel is in a great location; directly opposite the beach and right amongst cafes, restaurants and high end boutiques. However, the buffet within the hotel offers quantity but not quality. Our bed is made daily, cleaning etc is not. Although a kettle is provided on request, paper cups and powdered milk sachets, don’t equate to a decent cuppa! A sign in the lobby informs you of peak usage times of the lifts. On many occasions we waited more than 10 minutes for a lift. Climbing the stairs was not an option for guests staying on the 40th floor! Overall this hotel is tired and needs a spruce up, modern lifts and some creature comforts. The photo shows peak hour waiting for lifts 😳
Great break from the Australian Winter
We flew up from Sydney and had a great stay at the Hyatt. Great location and comfortable rooms. My wife and daughters did shopping and we enjoyed a mix of pool and beach time at Waikiki. There are lots of restaurant options locally. We are looking forward to our next stay.