LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee, per room, per night will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee inclusions:
* Complimentary unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
* Complimentary long distance and international calls – up to 60 minutes per day
* Resort interactive cultural activities (ukulele lessons, flower lei making, hula lessons)
* Access to Pressreader’s 5000 newspapers and magazines in multiple languages
* Complimentary use of beach amenities, e.g., Tommy Bahama beach chairs
* “Biki” bicycle ride sharing service – onetime credit of $3.00 per person (2 persons maximum)
* 24 Hour Stay Fit Gym access
* Re-usable Hyatt Regency Waikiki tote bag
* Re-usable souvenir Hyatt Regency Waikiki water bottle with water stations on each floor
* Children 5 & under “eat for free” from the Children’s menu with paying adult
* Discount coupons from participating Pualeilani Atrium shops, Na Ho’ola Spa and SWIM bar
* Complimentary incoming faxes
* Discounted surfing lessons and rental of beach equipment from Star Beach Boys
* Chromecast service for in-room television viewing
* Premium Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
* Complimentary plantation iced tea and fruit infused iced water at check-in
* House slippers and personal amenity items pre-set in guest room
* In-room coffee and tea
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, in accordance with Hawaii state law, has a non-smoking policy in all guestrooms, including lanais and balconies. Smoking is prohibited in guest rooms unless the room is designated as a smoking room, which is then only permitted on the lanai or balcony. A smoking room can be requested but it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Guests smoking in the non-smoking floor guest rooms will be assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6666 reviews
The Hyatt is well located on Waikiki Beach and we found ourselves with an ocean view room on the 7th floor, which was well high enough for me! The room was comfortable and had a fridge for the storage of alcohol bought from outside... there are several ABC stores nearby. The pool area on the 3rd floor is pleasant with a good few sun beds and a nice bar serving snacks and meals as well as drinks. The only problem with this hotel is that they are improving the lift service at the moment and you can wait quite a while for a lift. Allow plenty of time if you are in a rush.
My wife and I stayed for 3 nights. Service was excellent. Overall a great location and access to the beach even though you need to cross a Main Street to get there. There were many pigeons in the outside areas of the hotel including the pool and restaurant but I assumed this was common of most hotels on the island. Staff was extremely friendly and hotel offers beach towels and chairs to guests. A lot of things to do right around this hotel including many shopping areas within the resort vicinity.
Not worthy of the Hyatt brand
I've stopped in many Hyatt hotels around the world and never left dissapointed until i stayed here, there is a high turnaround of visitors therefore it seems more like a conveyor where the staff aren't really interested in your stay just that you come and leave promptly.
Great View But at a Cost
I did get a room with a partial ocean view. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and catered to our needs. (Not much) don’t expect any room service and the refrigerator was extremely small. It’s the old school freezer built within the fridge compartment. The lines to the elevator was pretty exhausting. But I did check in on a Friday. Parking was $40 a day (good luck with parking) You have to cross a street to get back to the resort. Don’t get me started with the random fees as well. Overall, nice hotel, crazy high price. Good luck.
This location is right across the street from the beach and is ideal if you want to be where all the action is as there are lots of restaurant and shopping options! With that said, if you want to be in a more secluded area this place is not for you.