LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee, per room, per night will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee inclusions:
* Complimentary unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
* Complimentary long distance and international calls – up to 60 minutes per day
* Resort interactive cultural activities (ukulele lessons, flower lei making, hula lessons)
* Access to Pressreader’s 5000 newspapers and magazines in multiple languages
* Complimentary use of beach amenities, e.g., Tommy Bahama beach chairs
* “Biki” bicycle ride sharing service – onetime credit of $3.00 per person (2 persons maximum)
* 24 Hour Stay Fit Gym access
* Re-usable Hyatt Regency Waikiki tote bag
* Re-usable souvenir Hyatt Regency Waikiki water bottle with water stations on each floor
* Children 5 & under “eat for free” from the Children’s menu with paying adult
* Discount coupons from participating Pualeilani Atrium shops, Na Ho’ola Spa and SWIM bar
* Complimentary incoming faxes
* Discounted surfing lessons and rental of beach equipment from Star Beach Boys
* Chromecast service for in-room television viewing
* Premium Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
* Complimentary plantation iced tea and fruit infused iced water at check-in
* House slippers and personal amenity items pre-set in guest room
* In-room coffee and tea
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, in accordance with Hawaii state law, has a non-smoking policy in all guestrooms, including lanais and balconies. Smoking is prohibited in guest rooms unless the room is designated as a smoking room, which is then only permitted on the lanai or balcony. A smoking room can be requested but it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Guests smoking in the non-smoking floor guest rooms will be assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 6558 reviews
Great Location BUT.......
The hotel is in a great location; directly opposite the beach and right amongst cafes, restaurants and high end boutiques. However, the buffet within the hotel offers quantity but not quality. Our bed is made daily, cleaning etc is not. Although a kettle is provided on request, paper cups and powdered milk sachets, don’t equate to a decent cuppa! A sign in the lobby informs you of peak usage times of the lifts. On many occasions we waited more than 10 minutes for a lift. Climbing the stairs was not an option for guests staying on the 40th floor! Overall this hotel is tired and needs a spruce up, modern lifts and some creature comforts. The photo shows peak hour waiting for lifts 😳
Great break from the Australian Winter
We flew up from Sydney and had a great stay at the Hyatt. Great location and comfortable rooms. My wife and daughters did shopping and we enjoyed a mix of pool and beach time at Waikiki. There are lots of restaurant options locally. We are looking forward to our next stay.
Wonderful hotel with fantastic amenities ( although an adults only pool would be a great improvement) Staff were extremely helpful and didn’t have their hands out every minute for a tip! Lounge access was fantastic with a great range of food
We stayed there for a few nights in January 2019. I am going to start by saying that Waikiki Beach can be quite disappointing because it is so small and crowded. That said, the hotel is near the diamond head and a ton of other things (we did everything walking) so I absolutely loved the location. The staff is also really nice and always trying to help. The stores and restaurants downstairs are quite fun and one of the afternoons I was there they had some kind of farmers market there and it was so fun, we bought some souvenirs and some local food also. I took one star out just because I didnt like the pool! Since the beach is so small and crowded, I hoped we could enjoy some time by the pool but the pool is also small and crowded. It felt like everybody staying at the hotel didnt want to stay at the beach so stayed in that small space by the pool.
Wonderful stay at the Hyatt Waikiki
We just stayed at the Hyatt Waikiki for a night to celebrate our anniversary and were very impressed. Although I was not expecting it, they were able to accommodate us in an Oceanview room and it was spectacular. The views were amazing and the room was nice, clean and had good decor. The staff at the Front Desk (Stacey, Olivia and Anuilani) were the best, so friendly and even allowed us to check in a little early. The location is prime and we enjoyed spending the day at the beach and surfing Waikiki. We will definitely come back again soon!