LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee, per room, per night will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee inclusions:
* Complimentary unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
* Complimentary long distance and international calls – up to 60 minutes per day
* Resort interactive cultural activities (ukulele lessons, flower lei making, hula lessons)
* Access to Pressreader’s 5000 newspapers and magazines in multiple languages
* Complimentary use of beach amenities, e.g., Tommy Bahama beach chairs
* “Biki” bicycle ride sharing service – onetime credit of $3.00 per person (2 persons maximum)
* 24 Hour Stay Fit Gym access
* Re-usable Hyatt Regency Waikiki tote bag
* Re-usable souvenir Hyatt Regency Waikiki water bottle with water stations on each floor
* Children 5 & under “eat for free” from the Children’s menu with paying adult
* Discount coupons from participating Pualeilani Atrium shops, Na Ho’ola Spa and SWIM bar
* Complimentary incoming faxes
* Discounted surfing lessons and rental of beach equipment from Star Beach Boys
* Chromecast service for in-room television viewing
* Premium Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
* Complimentary plantation iced tea and fruit infused iced water at check-in
* House slippers and personal amenity items pre-set in guest room
* In-room coffee and tea
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, in accordance with Hawaii state law, has a non-smoking policy in all guestrooms, including lanais and balconies. Smoking is prohibited in guest rooms unless the room is designated as a smoking room, which is then only permitted on the lanai or balcony. A smoking room can be requested but it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Guests smoking in the non-smoking floor guest rooms will be assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6716 reviews
Exceptional customer service and very accommodating.. I truly felt that everyone was pleasant and very helpful. Hotel is in a terrific location in Waikiki beach. I loved that we were given beach chairs and towels and we just walked across the street to the beautiful ocean.
excellent staff and facility/ renovations occur without guest impairment/ food quality is excellent/ great location with scenic views/ staff at the tours desk were helpful/ the attentive,caring and pleasant staff throughout the hotel make staying here a delight
Comfortable property in a great location
This was my second trip where I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki during a business trip to Honolulu. The location is great for evening activities and beach time. The Regency Club staff is top notch and always very friendly. Valet staff was efficient and friendly as well. Elevators can be a bit slow as they do construction but they seem to go out of the way to make the wait tolerable with a little music and by opening up staff elevators for guest use. Ocean views are fantastic. AC didn't cool as much as preferred but had a good, comfortable sleep.
My wife and I booked this resort for our recent trip to Hawaii and we were not disappointed. Everything was clean and we loved the size of our room. People complain about the wait time for the elevator but we never really waited more than a few minutes ever. It is really just steps from the beach. If there are any negatives it would be that the pool is small for so many guests but we never even found that it was too crowded anytime we went. We were given a room on the 12th floor right next to the elevator but we never were bothered by any noise. We did check other hotel in the area when we were there and the elevators all seemed to be working much more efficiently this is more a design issue of this building. There are only 4 elevators per tower.
Fantastic room at a reasonable price
We stayed one night. The check-in and other customer service was fantastic - employees were friendly. The room was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the ocean. We did splurge on the dinner buffet, which had a great selection and was tasty. Would stay here again.