LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee, per room, per night will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee inclusions:
* Complimentary unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
* Complimentary long distance and international calls – up to 60 minutes per day
* Resort interactive cultural activities (ukulele lessons, flower lei making, hula lessons)
* Access to Pressreader’s 5000 newspapers and magazines in multiple languages
* Complimentary use of beach amenities, e.g., Tommy Bahama beach chairs
* “Biki” bicycle ride sharing service – onetime credit of $3.00 per person (2 persons maximum)
* 24 Hour Stay Fit Gym access
* Re-usable Hyatt Regency Waikiki tote bag
* Re-usable souvenir Hyatt Regency Waikiki water bottle with water stations on each floor
* Children 5 & under “eat for free” from the Children’s menu with paying adult
* Discount coupons from participating Pualeilani Atrium shops, Na Ho’ola Spa and SWIM bar
* Complimentary incoming faxes
* Discounted surfing lessons and rental of beach equipment from Star Beach Boys
* Chromecast service for in-room television viewing
* Premium Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
* Complimentary plantation iced tea and fruit infused iced water at check-in
* House slippers and personal amenity items pre-set in guest room
* In-room coffee and tea
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, in accordance with Hawaii state law, has a non-smoking policy in all guestrooms, including lanais and balconies. Smoking is prohibited in guest rooms unless the room is designated as a smoking room, which is then only permitted on the lanai or balcony. A smoking room can be requested but it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Guests smoking in the non-smoking floor guest rooms will be assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6758 reviews
Love this place
Love staying at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. This was our 3rd stay. The rooms are large and clean, the staff are wonderful and the views of the beach can’t be beat. Having so many shops downstairs is very handy, especially the ABC shop for last minute supplies. It’s very central to everything. We never found the lifts an issue. Love the complimentary beach towels and chairs. Can’t wait to come back in April next year.
Awesome Best Location
We stay here every time and always 100% happy. Beautiful ocean and Main Street people watching views. Awesome poolside food/drink service. Free towels and beach chairs and not even 100 metres to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.Directly across the road from the Duke statue. Awesome sushi restaurant out front of this hotel and great cafe downstairs - Koa Coffee Cafe. So central to all you need for a fantastic relaxing holiday. We will be back in March April 2020 and can’t wait. Mahalo from Aussies in Brisbane QLD.
The location of this hotel is fantastic, easy walking to most Waikiki area amenities. This is a large hotel complex and it will take you several minutes to leave your room and get onto the street. The views from the upper levels are stunning.
Not for me
Really surprised at positive reviews. Service really poor (except for nice guy serving us drinks at pool in evening), breakfast below sub ordinary, check out an unpleasant experience. Needs some service work.
Not worth it
We had several billing issues with the hotel and some got sorted out and some didn’t. - resort fees - the hotel lied about the fact that it’s Hyatt’s corporate policy to charge resort fees at the time of check in even though it was a prepaid stay. Ultimately they waived off half the resort fees after lot of back and forth but Hyatt corporate opened a case for me to get back the rest of the amount which they never replied to. Still waiting for the 386$ to come back. - club - we were specifically told that the club includes alcohol and then we were told no, it doesn’t. - food - had asked for a veg burger and was given a non veg one. Had disputed this charge but have still been charged. - general resort - the pool is way too small and in general the property looks pretty tired for the amount they charge. Will surely not come back here.