Situated along the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso, the AAA Four Diamond Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya - All Inclusive is the breathtaking expression of splendor, blending soaring Mayan architecture with equally spectacular amenities. Unwind in the lobby bar beneath an exact replica of the famed Chichen Itza pyramid. Swim in the Riviera Maya's only wave pool, splash in the water playground. Relax under towering Mayan statues. Enjoy quiet time in one of the elegantly appointed suites. It's a Caribbean resort for families and couples desiring an upscale vacation experience. With a 32,000 square foot spa, splash park, wave pool, restaurants and authentic details in every space, this is relaxation on an impressive scale.
LocationRiviera Maya - Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
SPRING BREAK POLICY: Bookings traveling in the months of March and April will be subject to the following conditions:
· The minimum age requirement for check-in is 18. One parent or chaperone at least 25 years of age will be required per room for check-in.
· In the event that any guests engage in inappropriate behavior or cause physical damages to the facilities, the Hotel Management reserves the right to expel the said guest without reimbursement or refund of the remaining nights.
SPRING BREAK GROUPS POLICY: Students/youth are considered between 16 and 23 years of age. In addition to the Spring Break Policy for all bookings traveling March-April, Groups shall adhere to the following conditions:
· Any student/youth group must be pre-approved and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
· Upon check-in, each group will be required to leave a refundable cash deposit per room for any charges or damages that might be incurred during the stay.
SPRING BREAK POLICY: Iberostar Hotels & Resorts is a family oriented environment and thus has implemented the following policy for Spring Breakers reservations. The valid period is March 1st, 2020 to April 30th, 2020. Spring Breakers are defined as Students/youth between 16 and 23 years of age.
- One parent or chaperone at least 25 years of age will be required per room for check-in. Adults accompanying are responsible for the students’ behaviour.
- In the event that any guest(s) engage in inappropriate behavior disrespecting Hotel staff and/or other guests or causing physical damages to the facilities, the Hotel Management reserves the right to expel the guest(s) without reimbursement or refund of the remaining nights.
***Important Information For Our Guests***
Please be aware that due to changing weather and ocean conditions, beach shapes and characteristics may vary.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6367 reviews
An amazing week at Paraiso Maya !!!
This was our first time in the Iberostar Paraiso Mays Resort and it has turned out to be everything that we have expected and more. The resort is huge…so be prepared to get lost few times before you figure it out. We spend some time discovering the grounds which were spectacular. There is a shopping mall, a convention centre,FIT and FUN Gym that offers a variety of classes and four other resorts which are unique and worth visiting. The food in the restaurants was not the greatest but certainly not bad. We ate in four of the a la carte restaurants: El Rancho (steak), La Geisha (Japanese), El Fogon (Italian), and L’Etoile (French). El Rancho was our favorite. You must make reservations to dine at the a la carte restaurants. There was a bar and grill on the beach. It wasn’t fancy but all very good. The coffee shop Starcafe-Maya in the lobby was excellent. Each morning and afternoon we had stopped there for cappuccinos which were great. They also had pastries (our favourite – blackforrest cake and fruit tart), cupcakes, and sandwiches. The staff was very pleasant, professional and helpful throughout the resort. Special shout outs and thank you to Ami (super pleasant customer service in both El Rancho and L’Etoile who always greeted us with a huge smile and a big hug); Cory (an awesome concierge, who always looked happy to see us); Jhonny (an amazing and super attentive waiter at El Rancho who made our dinners special). We will most definitely be back at the Paraiso Maya Resort!!!
3rd time back
We have been to a lot of resorts in this area and must say this is this the best. We have spent a lot of money at all adult and very expensive resorts but the last 3 times to this area we have gone here. We enjoy quality and good customer service. The food and staff are absolutely amazing. The place is huge with so much to see and do. People that make this place great 1)Fillberto - pool bar This guy is a very hard worker. He put up with very mean people. He always had a smile and was very nice to everyone. I know his job was very demanding and was sweating his whole shift. Gets my best in show! 2)Yonaton- concierge Very helpful. Made sure i said hello every time in the lobby 3)Rodolfo- lobby bar night Very good at cocktail making and conversation. Always made us welcome when we came through. 4)Raul- transportation Always a great smile. Make our day when leaving and returning to maya. 5)augusto- sommelier He knows wines and people. 6)Jonnny- lobby bar day One the reasons we came back. Met him at the wave pool bar last year. Outstanding at cocktail making and extremely personable. This is the first person we tried to find upon returning. Lucky to have this great guy at maya Last I must mention that having don Julio reposado at every bar is one of the reasons for our return. We are huge drinkers and like quality. Having a great tequila was a key decision on coming back. Gracias a nuestros amigos en Iberostar!
Excellent - but coati stole bread from my beach bag
Family of 4 just returned home from a 7 days stay at Iberostar Maya. Everything was excellent: clean and big junior suite room, amenities for kids, adults, lots of pools (wave pool, lazy river, water park for small children) beautiful beach (not so beautiful sea - not much seaweed but water not very clear), good food, very nice shopping center. The only thing that bothered me it was that one day, in the evening before preparing to return to room, one coati went in my beach bag on the pool chair and stole a bread bun. Very funny moment for the kids, but after the incident I was worried about the risk of the coati carrying rabies as my bag was full with the kids clothes and other things. I was assured by our concierge, who called the medical service, that the coatis population in the resort is controlled and that they are vaccinated. Beside this issue, a very family oriented resort. I would come back for the people (always smiling), but not sure if I want to see again the coatis roaming free through the resort (even though I like animals and I heard they are protected by the government and they are all over Riviera Maya resorts, they are still wild and I am worried about the potential danger).
It’s a huge Hotel with great service and customer service. 25 minutes away from the airport. The food is amazing in almost all the restaurants the have, but all the places inside the hotel are a little bit apart so to have to walk at least 5 or 10 minutes to reach something. If you want some snack, you have to walk to the beach (that’s the only place), this is a huge opportunity to improve. I’ll return in the future!
Why is the Maya is a great choice?
1. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff that goes over and above most other hotels and resorts. Lack of Spanish fluency is rarely an issue and I am language challenged 2. Safe - I and my family have never felt ill at ease & nothing was ever missing from the room. Security is visible and they also have an on sight medical facility that is much more than a first aid station & staffed by English speakers. 3. Family oriented with a fantastic state of the art "Kids Club". Your children will not want to leave it. Activities are all day long if you and the kids desire it. 4. Rooms - quiet, spacious, well appointed, comfortable beds, plenty of hot water with good pressure. Excellent maid service. 5. Facilities - large main pool that is the center of activity during the day, wave pool for the kids (adults love it also) two smaller side pools and a spa (extra charge & worth it) with the normal steam, sauna, hot tubs, and a large indoor salt water pool with massage sprays. 6. Food is good & plentiful at both the buffets and restaurants with great service 7. Resort is large enough so that you never feel crowded and small enough that everything is within walking distance.