Discover the beauty of Mexico's Pacific Coast, where old world charm meets modern sophistication. For a very special vacation experience, visit Huatulco on Mexico's southern Pacific Coast. Here, deluxe modern resorts are set amidst a natural, unspoiled setting and mountainous backdrop, and 22-miles of picturesque beaches dot the nearly virgin Pacific coastline. Visit Huatulco’s nine sparkling bays and enjoy nearly guaranteed sunshine all winter long!
The destinations that line the Pacific Ocean are Mexico's most beautiful and scenic resort areas. Beach resorts mix with charming fishing villages, while the beauty of the mountains frames the magnificent coastline. Culture and history are rich and alive in the towns and markets on this stretch of coast. This is the Pacific Coast, where you can stay in a luxury resort or a small charming hotel, experience amazing regional cuisine, zipline above or go hiking along a tropical forest. From championship golf courses to the waters that make this region most famous, view our new high definition videos and see why there is something for everyone along the Pacific Coast of Mexico.
Insider Pick - Huatulco:
Juanita's Cooking Class
In the town of La Crucecita, Huatulco you will find Cafe Juanita. This cafe not only serves favorite dishes of the region but also offers cooking classes. Owners Jane and Alfredo will take you on a culinary journey using some of the freshest and authentic ingredients of the area.
- Take a cooking class in town and learn to create some local cuisines including salsas, mole's and a variety of traditional dishes.
- Taste Oaxaca delicacies - Mezcal tasting, Grasshoppers and Chocolate.
- Experience a Colonial city and the ancient ruins of Mont Albán overnight in Oaxaca.
- Hire a boat and visit one of Huatulco's 36 pristine beaches for a day. You might have it all to yourself.
Puerto Vallarta / Riviera Nayarit
Puerto Vallarta is an exotic blend of old-world colonial charm and modern sophistication. This destination offers beautiful golden sand beaches, championship golf and a vibrant seafront Malecón with an abundance of shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Choose from a wide variety of hotels and all-inclusive resorts.
Riviera Nayarit is the Apple Vacations 2012 Crystal Apple Award Winner for Best Destination as chosen by our vacationers. Riviera Nayarit offers top-notch hotels, luxurious boats at its marina, excellent spas, world-class golf, white and golden sand beaches. Discover quaint seaside villages, as well as eco-tourism adventures that take you into the natural beauty beyond the water.
Insider Pick - Vallarta:
Vallarta's Unique Eats
Vallarta ranks in the top two food destinations throughout the country of Mexico. From food vendors on the Malecon to gourmet dining, view Vallarta's unique eats and how you can experience them on your next vacation.
- Soar through the treetops on a Canopy Tour.
- Have a meal overlooking the Malecon downtown and then take a stroll to observe the street artists and performers.
- Attend the annual Gourmet Festival where local and international Chefs try to out - do each other in this town known for it's restaurants.
- Walk miles of white sand beaches.
- Tequila & Mariachi.
- Take a trip to Sayulita and stroll the Bohemian style shops or simply sit on the beach and watch the surfers catch a wave.
- Experience diverse Nightlife.
Los Cabos is located where the Sea of Cortés meets the Pacific Ocean and is surrounded by dramatic desert and mountains, offering a contrast of beauties. It is a destination of two towns, San José del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, and the Corridor, which runs between them and is home to some of the world's top resorts. Enjoy championship golf and world-renowned sport fishing, as well as the chance to get a birds-eye view of the desert via zipline. Whale watchers flock here between December and April to see the whales breach in their triumphant glory. Beaches here are beautiful, dramatic and diverse.
Insider Pick - Los Cabos:
Baja's Best Kept Secret
At the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula lies Los Cabos, Mexico. Some of Mexico's best wines are produced in the northern Baja California region. We have paired wines from that region alongside our featured hotels signature dishes. On your next trip to Los Cabos discover Baja's best kept secret.
- Go whale watching by boat for a close encounter or possibly spot one while having lunch at a beachside restaurant.
- Non-stop Nightlife - Pink Kitty, Cabo Wabo, Passion Club, El Squid Roe, The Giggling Marlin.
- Championship Golf.
- Explore the surrounding desert.
Combine the best of Mexico's both worlds with a visit to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo. Ixtapa, a world-class destination with luxurious hotels and a vibrant nightlife, offers a striking contrast to nearby Zihuatanejo, an unpretentious fishing village with authentic Mexican charm. The two resort areas share an ideal climate and 16 miles of incredible golden sand beaches.
Insider Pick - Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo:
Experience Zihautenjo's fresh seafood
Just four miles south of Ixtapa lies the quiet fishing village of Zihuatenejo. Here, visitors can travel by water taxi to the bay’s golden beaches, lined with authentic seaside restaurants. Savor the fresh catch of the day and experience fresh pacific seafood from an extraordinary destination.
- Sip a Margarita while watching one of the country's most vibrant sunsets.
- Take a trip to Ixtapa Island, where you can hike the cactus lined trails or take a swim or snorkel on one of several beaches.
- Dive through 100 foot canyons or snorkel at 10 feet with warm water temperatures. See corals, colorful fish and even explore a ship wreck.
- Named the best Sport fishing destination in the world by Saltwater Sport Fishing Magazine, some of the most memorable "fish tales" can be found here.