By using the Website you accept our Policy. We may revise it at any time by updating the Website.
This policy covers how APPLE VACATIONS treats personal information that APPLE VACATIONS collects and receives, including information related to your past use of APPLE VACATIONS products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that APPLE VACATIONS does not own or control or to people that APPLE VACATIONS does not manage or employ. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you use our web site, AppleVacations.com. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
Personal information that we may request from you in order to provide you with our product could include your, name, date of birth, address, phone number, Email address, password, credit card number, credit card expiration date, and the amount that is being charged or paid. This personal information is collected when you voluntarily complete the online booking form that requests this information. The information you provide may be used to provide you with a product, collect payment for our product, and/or to allow you access to our online services.
Account Information & Travel Preferences
You may choose to register with us and create a personal account. If you create an account, you will allow us to tailor your search results to your own personal interests and preferences. The personal information we collect from you, if you choose to register includes: name, address, Email address, preferred travel agent, password and password reminder. The travel preference information we collect from you includes: departure state, preferred airport, destination/hobby interests, duration of stay preference, price range and seasonal preference. You must create a password to create an account, so your account is password-protected. This is unique and regarded as confidential; consequently, it should be carefully guarded. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords, User IDs, and/or any account information. Our secure server encrypts all personal information so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. You may modify your travel profile and account information at any time by going to My Vacation and updating your travel preferences and or account information.
APPLE VACATIONS may, from time to time, send you Email messages regarding our product specials and services, only if you have opted-in to receive such messages. Once you have opted-in to receive Email from us, you may choose to opt-out of Email communications at any time by updating your account. Regardless of your communication preferences, even if you have opted-out of Email marketing messages, AppleVacations.com retains the right to send you a transaction-specific Email confirmation when you have booked a vacation on our website.
APPLE VACATIONS has implemented technology and systems that protect the information you provide. In those instances when you are asked to submit private information such as a credit card number, you can be assured that we have security measures in place to protect this information. We protect your information with state-of-the-art Secure Socket Layer (add link to our Certificate with Verisign) SSL Technology. This technology provides the advanced encryption tools necessary to protect information transmitted between your computer and our server. Encryption means that your information is converted into code before it is dispatched over the Internet.
In order to help us provide you with a more personalized experience, we may send a cookie to your browser. The cookie is a small text file that resides on your hard drive. This cookie will indicate if you are registered or not, your home gateway airport preference if you have registered and your last search values for a gateway and a destination. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control of cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. If you choose to block cookies, you will not be able to use certain features of our website. Consult your web browser documentation for instructions on how to control this function.
Why does Apple Vacations collect information?
APPLE VACATIONS' primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our site. This includes customized vacation packages to meet your travel plans, budget and other preferences, interactive communications, and other types of services, which are completely free to you. APPLE VACATIONS may advertise certain hotels, destinations, or excursions. By knowing a little about you, APPLE VACATIONS is able to deliver more relevant advertisements, packages, and vacation plans to you. In this process, the advertiser never has access to your individual information only APPLE VACATIONS has access to this information.
APPLE VACATIONS does research on our user's demographics, interests, and behaviors based upon the information provided to us through our web site. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. APPLE VACATIONS may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners.
Who is collecting information?
When you are using APPLE VACATIONS site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with APPLE VACATIONS alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. If data is being collected and/or maintained by any company other than APPLE VACATIONS you will be notified prior to the time of the data collection or transfer. If you do not want your data to be shared, you may choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service. Promotions that run on APPLE VACATIONS' web site may be co-sponsored by APPLE VACATIONS and another company. Some or all data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. If data will be shared, you will be notified prior to the time of data collection or transfer. You can decide not to participate in the promotion if you don't want your data to be shared. Please be aware that APPLE VACATIONS advertisers or web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information collections practices of those websites.
With whom does APPLE VACATIONS share my information?
APPLE VACATIONS will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. APPLE VACATIONS may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating APPLE VACATIONS Fair Trade Contract or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) APPLE VACATIONS' rights or property, other APPLE VACATIONS' users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. APPLE VACATIONS may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services. APPLE VACATIONS does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to participate in certain promotions or contests.
Policy and guidelines for use of marks in advertising, promotion and display
Apple Vacations and its affiliates have the exclusive rights to use the APPLE VACATIONS service mark and other Apple Vacations marks and logos. Under the trademark laws, the Apple Vacations companies must prevent the use of their names and marks in ways that could give customers and potential customers the mistaken impression that an Apple Vacations company owns or is affiliated with an agency using its marks. Apple Vacations (and trademark law) allow the "fair use" of Apple Vacations marks and logos by agencies, in a truthful, informational way in accordance with the rules provided here. Please adhere to the following specific rules when using Apple Vacations names and marks in promotions on Internet web sites and in print advertisements.
- All uses of the APPLE VACATIONS name or any Apple Vacations mark must relate solely to Apple Vacations travel packages and not to the agencies selling them. Agencies that sell Apple Vacations packages may not refer to themselves in any context as "Apple Vacations travel agents" or to their businesses as "official Apple Vacations travel agencies."
- Travel agencies may only use signage, window displays, or point of purchase items employing the Apple Vacations name or any Apple Vacations mark (a) as provided by Apple Vacations, or (b) as approved in writing by Apple Vacations.
- No one may copy any content appearing in any Apple Vacations website, brochure, or advertising without express written permission from Apple Vacations.
- Apple Vacations marks should be used with the ® symbol, and the use should be accompanied by a legend appearing at the bottom of the page where used that the mark is registered; for example, APPLE VACATIONS is a registered trademark.
Internet Web Sites
- No one may use the name Apple Vacations or any Apple Vacations mark (or anything confusingly similar) as part of an Internet domain name.
- No agency may display the APPLE VACATIONS mark by itself on a web site without prior written approval.
- Travel agencies may use an Apple Vacations mark in a website in the following ways: a. An Apple Vacations mark may be used as part of a statement such as "We sell Apple Vacations travel packages," so long as all of the words in the sentence are of a similar size. b. An Apple Vacations mark may be used in conjunction with links, schedules, product descriptions, or order forms, expressly referring to the sale of Apple Vacations travel products by the agency. c. In any case where the Apple Vacations name or mark is used, the name of the travel agency must appear on the same screen, above the Apple Vacations name or mark, and in a size at least 125% of the size of the Apple Vacations name or mark used.
- No Apple Vacations marks may appear in Yellow Pages advertising.
- As discussed above, truthful, informational statements are permitted in promotional materials and advertisements, such as, "We sell Apple Vacations travel packages." In any case where the Apple Vacations name or mark is used, the name of the travel agency must appear in close proximity, above the Apple Vacations name or mark, and in a size at least 125% of the size of the Apple Vacations name or mark used.
- Marks must not be used as an agency identifier; i.e., an Apple Vacations mark may not appear by itself or at the top of a page in an advertisement.
Our Contact Information
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive acknowledgment or if your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please write to Apple Vacations, P.O. Box 6500, Newtown Square, PA 19073, Attn: Web Department.