Exceptional Values! Honeymooners: Bottle of sparkling wine, fruit basket, honeymoon dinner with a bottle of house wine, and room upgrade (based on availability, min. 5 night stay). Family: Two kids ages 12 and under stay, play, and eat free.
Relax in the natural beauty of Mexico's Riviera Maya. Oasis Tulum is located on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Mexican Caribbean, only ten miles from the city of Tulum. Enjoy the scenery and soothing serenity that go along with an unforgettable, all-inclusive vacation for the entire family.
Nestled in a tropical jungle, Oasis Tulum offers adults and kids countless ways to have fun. Sunbathe on the white-sand beach or go snorkeling and scuba diving at one of the most incredible coral reefs in the world. Take a dip in a pool or head to the world-class spa to sweat it out in the Temazcal (Mayan sauna). Oasis Tulum has two tennis courts, a multi-purpose court, and a gym to keep you fit. Guests also have access to a driving range and putting green (an 18-hole golf course is located next door), fishing, and a scuba center.
Oasis Tulum has nine restaurants and nine bars. Dining options include an international buffet, along with Mexican, Italian, and Asian eateries. The indoor and outdoor bars serve refreshing drinks. At night, relax in comfortable accommodations featuring air-conditioning, cable TV, a hair dryer, and extra amenities.
This property features an excellent location in Akumal, close to Tulum and Xel-Ha. Cancun Airport is60 miles north, downtown Cancun is 75 miles away.
Disco / Nightclub
Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
Physician on Call
Number of Pools: 3
Outdoor Pools: 3
There are three swimming pools and two beachfront jacuzzis. Poolside bar.
Puerto Aventuras Golf Club
The Puerto Aventuras Golf Club features a 3,255 yard course designed by Tomas Dehmann. Guests of the hotel receive discounted greens fees.
Green Fees: $30 (approx)
Cart Fee: $17 (approx)
Club Rental Fees: $15 (APPROX)
Number of Courts: 2
Outdoor Courts: 2
Lighted Courts: 1
Court Fee: Complimentary
Raquet Rental Fees: Contact Hotel
Water Sports on Site
Fishing: Additional Charge
Snorkeling: Additional Charge
Paddle Boats: Complimentary
JetSki / Waverunner: Additional Charge
Other Sports Available
Other Sports: Beach Volleyball, Pedal Boats. New Pitch and Putt course.
Health Club / Spa
Sauna: Additional Charge
Facials: Additional Charge
Oasis Tulum is a magnificent tropical beach resort tucked away in the beautiful and secluded oceanfront community of Akumal. This resort features a Mexican-regional style of architecture and a relaxing atmosphere.
The coral reef directly in front of the hotel provides a wonderful site for snorkeling, and the hotel offers unlimited domestic drinks, nightly entertainment, four swimming pools two beachfront whirlpools and two tennis courts.
Beach: Oasis Tulum is on 700 meters of white sandy beach on Akumal Bay. This is considered one of the best beach areas of the Mexican Caribbean.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 356
Year Opened: 1986
Room safes have a per day fee. **No Spring breakers**.Must be at least 18 years old. A swimsuit cover up or t-shirt and proper foot wear in all restaurants. Nice casual dress required for dinner bermuda shorts are permitted.
1 King or 2 double beds, Oceanfront, balcony or terrace, Satellite TV, Safe ($), Direct dial telephone, Bathroom withshower/tub, Hairdryer
Other Amenities -
1 King or 2 double beds, garden view, balcony or terrace, Satellite TV, Safe ($), Direct dial telephone, Bathroom withshower/tub, Hairdryer
Other Amenities -
There is a per day fee for use of the room safe.
Oasis Tulum features 1 meal plan options:
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 6 Restaurants at Oasis Tulum:
Sushi Beach Bar -
Asian flavors in a Caribbean atmosphere. Open from 12pm to 8pm.
Asian specialties offering fresh fish and seafood, dinner (7:00-10:30).
Sarape Restaurant -
Mexican & International Specialties, ala carte. Some menu items (i.e. Lobster) require an additional charge. Open for lunch (1pm to 4:30pm) and dinner (7pm to 10pm).
Dos Lunas -
Italian a la carte with flavors of the Caribbean. Open for lunch (1pm to 4pm) and dinner (7pm to 10pm).
A casual restaurant open for buffet breakfast (7am to 10:30pm), a la carte or buffet lunch (12:30pm to 3:30pm), buffet dinner (6:30pm to 10:30pm) & snacks (11am to 10pm).
Snack La Terraza -
Snacks and sandwiches for in-between meals or light snacks. Service (12:00-10:00).
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
Numerous activities, guests can explore fabulous Mayan ruins and take walking tours of the jungle.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
Live nightly entertainment
Supervised child care/activities.
Babysitting Fee: $8.00 per hr
Advance Notice for Babysitting: 24 Hours
Vacations Customer Satisfaction Score
24 past Apple Vacationers would recommend Oasis Tulum to their friends and family
This should really be 3.5 stars.
We stayed in Oasis Tulum - not Grand Tulum that was about $20 per person per night more. They share the same buffet and most of the facilities, so not sure that...
This should really be 3.5 stars.
We stayed in Oasis Tulum - not Grand Tulum that was about $20 per person per night more. They share the same buffet and most of the facilities, so not sure that just somewhat better drinks guarantee the higher price.
- Gardenview room that we had was very quiet and away from all the noise, with a nice patio with a view on a small palm garden (1st floor; 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have balconies that seem a bit cramped).
- Some of the best food of any Mexican All-Inclusive we've been to. They have good variety of seafood (at least a couple varieties of shrimp and fish each day), selection of meats, cheeses, and salads. An excellent sushi bar near the beach - the sushi was actually very good, not a bland Chinese-buffet style sushi that's typically served in similar places. There was a grille set up outside a couple times during our stay, with kebobs and grilled pork. Finally, they have a real coffee shop with variety of very good coffee.
We went to two restaurants. The Italian restaurant (Dos Lunas) required prior reservations, and honestly wasn't anything special. The Mexican restaurant (Serrape ?) did not require a reservation and had good food. There's also a Mediterranean restaurant that we didn't go to. The buffet and the outside services are frankly so good, going to the restaurants only makes sense if you want somewhat different atmosphere.
- Staff, for most part, was very courteous and helpful.
- The beach is cramped somewhat but clean and the water was rather calm. However the sea bed is covered with stones and corals and you absolutely need to be wearing water shoes to protect your feet.
- There's some snorkeling right off the beach. You can see schools of fish in the water just feet away from the shoreline, and in the afternoon there's tons of fish hiding in the shades under the several scuba and fishing boats that are "parked" at the beach. We even saw a ray just a few feet from the beach.
- I think the entertainment was of very good quality. We visited a dance show, an acrobatic show, and a circus perfomance (another acrobatic show) and all three sets of performers were obviously skilled professionals, with dance and circus groups being especially impressive. Beats some homegrown performances we've seen at other places. Even on the somewhat cheesy hotel stage they managed to put up quite a show.
Now, the things that we didn't find all that good:
- the drinks are probably the worst of any all-inclusive I've been to. I don't drink much but do appreciate a decent cocktail, which is where I feel they were really short - every single one I tried was full of sugary stuff and a tad of some non-descript alcohol didn't feel like a "real" well made drink. Usually I can find at least one cocktail a place is good at, here I was at loss. But they do have good, cold beer. As I said, I don't drink much so that wasn't a major let down.
- There's just not that much to do in the resort, compared to some other resorts. The pools are relatively small, and there's not much for the kids (there's a kids club for the small kids). The TV in the room was small, with very poor and noisy reception. Some English language channels showing not very kid friendly shows like Friends. It's a good place to kick back and relax, but that's about it. There's a pool table, a ping pong table, and a semi-working air hockey table at the Casa house (the part of the resort farthest from the beach and closest to the gates), and you can take a short bike ride there (the bikes are parked in front of the lobby).
- The internet was a waste of money. We paid $30 for the 5 day card, the reception was beyond poor, very very slow and almost unusable, also you can only use the card on one device, so if like a typical family you come with a few tablets, you'd need to buy internet separately for each of them - or just forget it altogether since it doesn't really work.
- the resort seems to have some special connection to Italian tour operators.They have Italian staff that is there specifically to greet Italian tourists, and the majority of guests at the resort were Italian. They are well behaved and friendly, but very loud, especially at night. Another reason to chose Gardenview which is farther away from the lobby / restaurants / coffee shop.
Overall, a good experience, but I am not sure we'd be coming back when we have to pay full price for the kids.
Great Vacation !
Olivia11111, Toronto, Canada
Thu Feb 26 06:45:22 EST 2015
I really enjoyed my vacation at Oasis Tulum ! Everything was great ! The buffet food was good. The stuff was very entertaining, especially Mauricio. I recommend to take a trip to the ruins of tulum...
I really enjoyed my vacation at Oasis Tulum ! Everything was great ! The buffet food was good. The stuff was very entertaining, especially Mauricio. I recommend to take a trip to the ruins of tulum its a very unique place. I definitely would come back again !
EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS!!
Emily B, Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Wed Feb 25 16:33:37 EST 2015
Let me start by saying that you should not trust the negative reviews of this place - our stay was AMAZING! I had low expectations because I let others' opinions get into my head, but I was totally...
Let me start by saying that you should not trust the negative reviews of this place - our stay was AMAZING! I had low expectations because I let others' opinions get into my head, but I was totally blown away and thrilled by the Oasis Tulum!
We did not upgrade to the Grand and we're glad we didn't - there was no need. It seemed like the only real benefit was a quieter pool and a few more restaurants. But the regular pool area and the restaurants we had were all totally fine!
The buffet food was pretty good, too - better than other resorts we've stayed at. Lots of variety. Dos Lunas was lovely and the food was spectacular. The Mexican restaurant was a LOT of food - very good if you're looking for authentic Mexican, not so good for the picky eater. The bars were all great during the day (swim-up and beach). We LOVED Cesar at the swim up bar! He was hilarious, helpful, easy to get along with and so fun. We also had a great time with Raul at the beach bar and Filiberto at the Mexican restaurant at night - great fun and always nice to be remembered each night.
The rooms were small but more than adequate. The bathroom was amazing - loved the shower - and the beds were pretty comfy. The patio was all we needed too! We didn't spend much time in the room, so for our needs they were perfect.
The beach was a little narrow and the water was rocky, but it didn't bother us. There were plenty of chairs to lounge on, and you could walk for a long ways along the beach which was really nice. If you're going to go swimming in the ocean a lot (which we didn't) you might want to bring beach shoes.
The only complaint I have is the other guests at the hotel. There was a large group of Italian guests when we went who were loud and rude, and they had one of the only restaurants we could make reservations at reserved totally for 2 of our 5 nights. Not the resort's fault, but would not want to spend another vacation with them.
All in all, we had a spectacular time! It was ultra-relaxing, fun, and just what us Minnesotan's needed. Would recommend to ANYONE!
jjo151, Prince Albert, Canada
Tue Feb 24 21:40:55 EST 2015
after reading previous reviews before we left we were prepared for the worst but it was what was in our price range when we booked on the February school break. We were pleasantly surprised at what a...
after reading previous reviews before we left we were prepared for the worst but it was what was in our price range when we booked on the February school break. We were pleasantly surprised at what a great resort it was. we stayed in the casa club rooms and our adult children were nearer the pool because of a mistake in the booking to get a room with two beds. we were given free upgrades on our bracelets so we could go to any of the bars and restaurants. We found the staff excellent and the food great. we at the buffet, the italian for both lunch and supper, the mexican, the ,mexican fine dining,the sushi bar and wimpies snack bar at our casa club pool. never had a bad meal and the staff was so accommodating and helpful. we didnt mind the walk or bike ride to the big pool or beach as it helped us work off all the food and drink.
shows were great and the entertainment staff were awesome getting people involved in things.Mayra and Mauricio were especially fun.
we would definitely book this resort again. we had no problems with our rooms and had a great time, wished we were able to stay longer
Would recommend this hotel
Niamh R, Brooklyn, New York
Tue Feb 24 15:53:49 EST 2015
We were here last week and overall had a great experience. The location is beautiful and the service was excellent. Everyone from the folks handing out towels, to those cleaning floors, rooms...
We were here last week and overall had a great experience. The location is beautiful and the service was excellent. Everyone from the folks handing out towels, to those cleaning floors, rooms, waiting tables, tending bar, working in the kids club etc was courteous and friendly. Would like to mention Mauricio, who handled events, and Uli (sic?) from the kids' club. ( I'm unsure if I'm spelling the last name correctly. Also Job at the beach bar. But everyone was really nice. I have two nitpicks. The music at the main pool was obnoxiously loud most of the time and the beds, a least those in our room, were super hard. That said, we really did enjoy ourselves.
comments and opinions on this Ratings and Reviews section of our website
are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and Apple
Vacations.passengers. They are providied 'as is' and we accept no
responsibility for any loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage
resulting from this information. You should verify critical information
(for example passports and visas, and customs) with the relevant
authorities, and review our Fair Trade Contract and Things To Know
Before You Go (including our Health and Safety Tips For Travelers)
before you travel.
Recommended for Family VacationsTwo kids 12 and under stay, play, and eat free.
APPLE RATINGS: Exceptional Standard of Service &
First Class; First
Class; Comfortable; Modest
Superior to other hotels with the same rating; Superior to other hotels with the same rating
Follow us for travel tips & great vacation package deals
*Unless otherwise noted, fares include ROUNDTRIP AIRFARE via U.S. certified air carrier, hotel transfers, hotel tax, resort baggage handling, fuel surcharges and all pre-collected U.S. and foreign taxes and fees including September 11th Security Fee. More details
Apple Vacations specializes in vacations to top destinations like Cancun, Punta Cana, the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Panama, Hawaii, and many others in the Caribbean and Mexico. Enjoy the convenience of one-stop shopping. Your Apple Vacation includes your flight, hotel, and transfers -- or choose an all-inclusive resort where even your meals, drinks, and more are included -- and all for one, affordable price. Whether you?re looking for a cheap flight or all-inclusive vacation, luxury vacation, family vacation, honeymoon package, last-minute vacation, golf vacation, or group travel deal, make Apple Vacations your first stop. Learn more about the Apple Advantage >