Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville, Don Pablo Collection is an adults-only resort located right on Santana Beach. Guests will receive exquisite service from staff that has been trained to meet guests' highest demands. The spa, pools, and fine restaurants promise guests the perfect opportunity for relaxation and luxury.
Feel the fine white sand between your toes along the 1,100 meters of beautiful beach. Enjoy the waves of Santana Beach by snorkeling, windsurfing, or kayaking, and then make sure to get a drink to cool off in the beach bay. To really relax, visit the spa for a massage facing the sea, a repairing facial after a day in the sun, or enjoy the hydrotherapy and relaxation zone.
Satisfy your appetite with any of the fine restaurants. The Jazmin Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner at an international buffet, featuring different dishes from around the world. Le Gourmet Restaurant features delicacies of avant-garde cuisine. Seafood lovers will enjoy El Pescador, while Il Capriccio offers all the Italian favorites.
The fun doesn't stop when the sun goes down. There's always something to do at night, with karaoke, live music and shows, and salsa dancing. For the liveliest guests, the night doesn't have to end there. The party continues in the Bachata discotheque until the early hours of the morning.
On a dreamy bay, with the exclusive services of the Luxury Bahia Principe brand - prestigious Grupo Piñeros top range-, this hotel emerges as a bright star in one of the most iconic destinations of the world.
Barber / Beauty Salon
Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
Physician on Call
(Onsite in Pueblo Principe)
Number of Pools: 1
Outdoor Pools: 1
Enjoy the large lake-style pool; surrounded by gardens and boasting three Jacuzzis.
Number of Courts: 2
Outdoor Courts: 2
Water Sports on Site
Fishing: Additional Charge
Sunfish Sailing: Additional Charge
Hobie Cats: Additional Charge
Paddle Boats: Additional Charge
Motorboats: Additional Charge
Wind Surf: Complimentary
Other Sports Available
Jogging Trail: Complimentary
Squash: Additional Charge
Other Sports: Guests may also enjoy soccer, stretching, basketball, volleyball and badminton.
Enjoy unlimited a la carte dining!
Total Rooms: 314
Year Opened: 2013
This hotel is an Adults Only property.
DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE
1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
Other Amenities -
Balcony or Terrace
Radio Alarm Clock
JUNIOR SUITE OCEANFRONT
1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
Other Amenities -
Balcony or Terrace
Radio Alarm Clock
Butler service, access to a private lounge with premium beverages, VIP amenities, a full bathroom with hydromassage tub and more!
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville features 1 meal plan options:
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 5 Restaurants at Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville:
Il Capriccio -
À la carte restaurant offering exquisite Italian cuisine, pasta and pizza. Please note, there is a dress code for dinner.
Le Gourmet -
An a la carte restaurant where guests may sample avant-garde cuisine with modernist design. Please note, there is a dress code for dinner.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet-style.
Las Olas -
Buffet and a la carte beach restaurant.
El Pescador -
Take advantage of quality seafood and fish, with a traditional twist in this a la carte restaurant. Please note, there is a dress code for dinner.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
Throughout the day the resort offers many activities, sports and facilities. Relax in the Spa, enjoy an incredible beach, have fun in the pool or get out and about - enjoying the local area.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
By night take-in a show, and if you feel like dancing, Salsa, Merengue or Bachata under the stars. For the lively, the nigh t doesn't end when the show is over. The party continues at Bachata Discotheque until 2:00AM.
My wife and I stayed here in February 2014 on the recommendation of our travel agent. We were basically looking to get away from the 'cold Wisconsin weather / winter vortex' and feel some warmth...
My wife and I stayed here in February 2014 on the recommendation of our travel agent. We were basically looking to get away from the 'cold Wisconsin weather / winter vortex' and feel some warmth! We have never been to the Dominican Republic before and overall - our trip and stay was excellent!
A few notes on our stay:
* We flew into Punta Cana - on a direct flight from Milwaukee. I love direct flights! Know, however, that this resort is about 1.5 hours out of Punta Cana - not a big deal - just be aware of it if you fly there (also, the Punta Cana airport was very clean and nice)
* This resort is basically 2 resorts. One is more for families and this one is for adults 18+. I will admit, I REALLY liked staying on the adult only side. Everything was very casual - very easy going. It was really nice laying by the pool or heading down to the ocean and not have to worry about a child "doing a cannon ball splash" next to you. I love kids - but, it was awesome to be around adults. Heck, for 95% of our stay, we stayed on the adult side and the resort was VERY good at keeping it adult only.
* There are about 5 restaurants between the two resorts. 2 of them are on the adult side. Of the 8 nights we stayed, we ate dinner on the adult side 7 times. Food was excellent. We tried one of the restaurants on the other side of the resort -but it just didn't feel the same.
* Pool service. The bartenders at the pool and who walked around the pool getting drinks were quick and accurate. They did a wonderful job. We did tip regularly - (mainly $1 American) - but many did not. They were happy either way.
* The room. Our room was phenomenal. We had a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool area and you could see the beach. The pictures that many have shared are very accurate. The rooms were VERY clean, as well as the bathroom / showers. They did a great job with room service daily.
* Connectivity. For my work, I did 'occasionally' need to be connected to the internet. The resort has WiFi throughout the property. I paid $49 (I think) for access around the property - received excellent connectivity in my room and by the pool. You could get free internet in the lobby area - but I figured - what the heck! I liked being connected.
* The beach. When you leave the pool area and walk out to the beach - the walk among the palm trees is, well... just beautiful. Quite the scene. In fact, as you look out to the beach, we faced west and had great sunsets every single night. The beach is a decent size - not super big - but big enough to enjoy a nice walk - in which my wife and I did daily. The beach is not crystal blue - it is a tad murky - but not that big a deal for us. If you are planning on doing a LOT of snorkeling, you will have to to a venture off property. The waves were basically calm each day.
* The Pool area. There is a large pool - with swim up bar - as well as a wading type pool. We always got chairs around the large pool. You could always get a seat - which was nice. But know that many folks did take their towels out early - get breakfast - then come back to the pool and their "reserved" seats. The pool was 'spotless'. The swim up bar was very nice and service was quick. It never got 'too' rowdy by the pool - but towards the end of the day - people were having a good time and got a bit loud - but not that big of a deal - just a lot of laughing. The music choice was not bad - but, the resort could do a better job sticking to a genre of music (I think someone hooked up their ipod or phone and streamed Bob Marley albums, then albums from the POP 70's and so forth. It was ok - but could use some focus here).
* Management / staff. You know, everyone here seemed to be happy - all the time. I know some of them could not speak English (not that big of a deal), but they were always smiling. They truly did make you feel welcome.
All in all we had a great - relaxing trip. This was the first time that I went to an all inclusive and basically - stayed on property - and didn't leave. Our goal was to relax - every day - and that is what we did.
I do recommend the property - but make sure you stay on the Adult Only side. It is very clean - the food is phenomenal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and you won't regret the choice to stay there.
A Domnican Treat
Robert G, Mississauga, Canada
Tue Apr 15 19:53:56 EDT 2014
The Don Pablo Collection side of the resort is an adults only quality resort. Aspiring to be a 5 star resort it is not yet at that level. Originally the web site stated that there were only 80 rooms...
The Don Pablo Collection side of the resort is an adults only quality resort. Aspiring to be a 5 star resort it is not yet at that level. Originally the web site stated that there were only 80 rooms, but by our count it was well over 200. It caters to those who want to relax. We ate at the buffets since the a la carte restaurants didn't offer a compelling reason to reserve. The food was of a high standard. Housekeeping service was inconsistent, especially stocking face cloths, bottled water and the mini-bar. They do have an express phone line to get missing items, but it took 5 hours to get water. While they advertise that you cannot reserve poolside/beachside seating with your towel, there was a parade of guests at 6 am doing just that. This is a tremendously annoying custom at virtually all resorts. We will likely return, if you are going to consider this location make sure you choose the Don Pablo side, and check all vacation providers. Air Canada Vacations was less money (surprisingly) than traditional tour operators such as Transat and Sunwing for the exact same resort.
Will return for another great vacation.
Nathan M, Toronto, Canada
Tue Apr 15 10:31:26 EDT 2014
Excellent staff. Excellent facilities. Excellent meals and beverage. The beech could have been better. Water is a little murky. The area is growing so there is a little construction in the distance...
Excellent staff. Excellent facilities. Excellent meals and beverage. The beech could have been better. Water is a little murky. The area is growing so there is a little construction in the distance but you don't hear it and barely see it.
I could tell that the staff is really trying to attain a high score on travel review sites and they are doing a great job at it. Would go back gladly.
Gwen1957, Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Wed Apr 09 14:19:40 EDT 2014
Stayed from march 24-31st, very new & clean, the food was excellent and so was the service which was good as other reviews did not agree, but for us if you did not like the food your way to fussy and...
Stayed from march 24-31st, very new & clean, the food was excellent and so was the service which was good as other reviews did not agree, but for us if you did not like the food your way to fussy and should stay home. The beach was as expected but we were happy to hang out at the pool and just walk on the beach, the only thing that could be improved is that the WiFi should be free all the time in the lobby. We would return to this resort . Gwen & Jim Spence Truro NS
HeaterB, Orillia, Canada
Wed Apr 09 09:46:01 EDT 2014
Awesome Resort, this small but luxurious resort is one we will return to for sure. Food in the buffet was excellent, we didn't really need to travel to the sister resort for the a la carts. Lunch at...
Awesome Resort, this small but luxurious resort is one we will return to for sure. Food in the buffet was excellent, we didn't really need to travel to the sister resort for the a la carts. Lunch at the beach buffet was excellent. "Lionel Ritchie" was very attentive and enjoyed his job, always a smile.
There was always a spot at the beach, if you want a hut close to the water you will have to get up early, but later there was always some available towards the back. The beach is good for walking on it is not crystal clear, but enjoyable. When we return we will bring water shoes, just to get past the small patches of coral. One note: be careful entering the water the first time, there is a dip from the undercurrent not too far from where you enter the water. The pool is pristine and actually very warm compared to other pools at other resorts we have stayed at. They polish the marble around the pool weekly. Very clean resort, cant express this enough.
Very clecomfortable. This resort would even work for someone who has mobility issues, there are rooms at ground level that are beautiful and the amenities are not too far away. We did read about shower issues and the first day we had the same issue, it just took a re-adjustment of where the shower head was pointing and no more problems.
This is a very quiet resort, the lobby bar would close at 11, sometimes it seemed too early, but you could always go next door for later activities.
The only issue we really had was after check out, there was a whole bunch of confusion and issues with transportation to the airport. Not really the resorts fault, more the transfer companies issue. They had one small bus for a 3 bus arrival, it took them some time to get us all on buses, but we eventually got to the airport, only to wait in a huge line because there were only 4 people dealing with our flight. The resort its self is beautiful, one of the best we have been to in our 20 or so years of traveling annually.
comments and opinions on this Ratings and Reviews section of our website
are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and Apple
Vacations.passengers. They are providied 'as is' and we accept no
responsibility for any loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage
resulting from this information. You should verify critical information
(for example passports and visas, and customs) with the relevant
authorities, and review our Fair Trade Contract and Things To Know
Before You Go (including our Health and Safety Tips For Travelers)
before you travel.
Recommended for Honeymoons & Romantic GetawaysThis brand new adults-only luxury resort opened in November 2013 on a dreamy bay with the exclusive services of the Don Pablo Collection seal. Enjoy 24-hour room service, three restaurants, a bar, and a snack bar, as well as exchange privileges with the Grand Bahia Principe La Romana.
APPLE RATINGS: Exceptional Standard of Service &
First Class; First
Class; Comfortable; Modest
Superior to other hotels with the same rating; Superior to other hotels with the same rating
Follow us for travel tips & great vacation package deals
Apple Vacations specializes in vacations to top destinations like Cancun, Punta Cana, the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Panama, Hawaii, and many others in the Caribbean and Mexico. Enjoy the convenience of one-stop shopping. Your Apple Vacation includes your flight, hotel, and transfers -- or choose an all-inclusive resort where even your meals, drinks, and more are included -- and all for one, affordable price. Whether you?re looking for a cheap flight or all-inclusive vacation, luxury vacation, family vacation, honeymoon package, last-minute vacation, golf vacation, or group travel deal, make Apple Vacations your first stop. Learn more about the Apple Advantage >