Exceptional Value! Honeymoon: Bottle of rum or domestic sparkling wine, fruit basket in the room upon arrival, and room upgrade (based on availability).
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville, Don Pablo Collection is an adults-only resort located right on Santana Beach. Guests will receive exquisite service from staff that has been trained to meet guests' highest demands. The spa, pools, and fine restaurants promise guests the perfect opportunity for relaxation and luxury.
Feel the fine white sand between your toes along the 1,100 meters of beautiful beach. Enjoy the waves of Santana Beach by snorkeling, windsurfing, or kayaking, and then make sure to get a drink to cool off in the beach bay. To really relax, visit the spa for a massage facing the sea, a repairing facial after a day in the sun, or enjoy the hydrotherapy and relaxation zone.
Satisfy your appetite with unlimited dining at any of the fine restaurants. The Jazmin Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner at an international buffet, featuring different dishes from around the world. Le Gourmet Restaurant features delicacies of avant-garde cuisine. Seafood lovers will enjoy El Pescador, while Il Capriccio offers all the Italian favorites.
The fun doesn't stop when the sun goes down. There's always something to do at night, with karaoke, live music and shows, and salsa dancing. For the liveliest guests, the night doesn't have to end there. The party continues in the Bachata discotheque until the early hours of the morning.
Enjoy access to the facilities, restaurants, and bars at Grand Bahia Principe La Romana (except main buffet).
On a dreamy bay, with the exclusive services of the Luxury Bahia Principe brand - prestigious Grupo Piñeros top range- this hotel emerges as a bright star in one of the most iconic destinations of the world. Enjoy unlimited a la carte dining!
Barber / Beauty Salon
Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
Physician on Call
(Onsite in Pueblo Principe)
Number of Pools: 1
Outdoor Pools: 1
Enjoy the large lake-style pool; surrounded by gardens and boasting three Jacuzzis.
Number of Courts: 2
Outdoor Courts: 2
Water Sports on Site
Fishing: Additional Charge
Sunfish Sailing: Additional Charge
Hobie Cats: Additional Charge
Paddle Boats: Additional Charge
Motorboats: Additional Charge
Wind Surf: Complimentary
Other Sports Available
Jogging Trail: Complimentary
Squash: Additional Charge
Other Sports: Guests may also enjoy soccer, stretching, basketball, volleyball and badminton.
Enjoy unlimited a la carte dining!
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Check-out: 12 p.m.
Total Rooms: 244
Year Opened: 2013
This hotel is an Adults Only property.
DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE
Fabulous views and exquisite services, including 24-hour room service. 2 full size beds or one king. Don Pablo Collection bathroom amenities.
1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
Other Amenities -
Balcony or Terrace
Radio Alarm Clock
Other Amenities -
JUNIOR SUITE OCEANFRONT
Spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. 24-hour room service and reception with butler service. Don Pablo Collection bathroom amenities. Pillow menu.
1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
Other Amenities -
Balcony or Terrace
Radio Alarm Clock
Butler service, access to a private lounge with premium beverages, VIP amenities, a full bathroom with hydromassage tub and more!
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville features 1 meal plan options:
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 9 Restaurants at Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville:
Buffet restaurant. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Le Gourmet -
An a la carte restaurant where guests may sample avant-garde cuisine with modernist design. Please note, there is a dress code for dinner.
Burger Principe -
Open 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet-style.
Los Corales -
Beach restaurant garden grill. Smoking area.
Las Olas -
Buffet and a la carte beach restaurant.
El Pescador -
Take advantage of quality seafood and fish, with a traditional twist in this a la carte restaurant. Please note, there is a dress code for dinner.
Asian a la carte restaurant. Open for dinner.
Il Capriccio -
À la carte restaurant offering exquisite Italian cuisine, pasta and pizza. Please note, there is a dress code for dinner.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
Throughout the day the resort offers many activities, sports and facilities. Relax in the Spa, enjoy an incredible beach, have fun in the pool or get out and about - enjoying the local area.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
By night take-in a show, and if you feel like dancing, Salsa, Merengue or Bachata under the stars. For the lively, the night doesn't end when the show is over. The party continues at Bachata Discotheque until 2:00 a.m.
My wife & I visited this resort in mid-August with another couple and found this to be a good resort and a good value but the best feature of this resort, by far, is their staff. We have traveled to 20+ all inclusives and the staff at Bouganville were the best we have seen. A few notables were our butler Francisco, Eduardo who does everything it seems, Luis and Manuel from the entertainment group and Haudrey from the main buffet. These people work incredibly hard for long hours and really should be recognized.
A great thank you to all the personel at Bouganville. My family had a great time!
Jaabe1, Toronto, Canada
Mon Aug 31 13:33:50 EDT 2015
Overall we had a blast! My family forming a group of 10 people could rest, have fun and share unforgatten moments together.
An special thank you to BANDOR, who made our dinners and breakfast so much delighful with his kind service and smile.
Eduardo and Jorge at the beach, entertaining and cooking under those temperatures, with a cheer attitude and always looking forward to make our day easier.
A little negative aspect is the machine doing work at the beach, this noise took us out of gard since we were looking for a peaceful sound of the waves and sea.It should be taken into consideration for working hours.
Keep all the good work and service,you have a great hotel to be proud of.
pger_11, Toronto, Canada
Wed Sep 02 13:33:50 EDT 2015
Overall, a very nice resort. Adults only -- so the resort is very peaceful. It shares the property with the Gran Bahia which is for families. We were allowed to visit their resort, but they were not allowed onto our resort. The grounds are amazing, our room was very clean, the buffet food is very good with lots of variety. The pool area is very nice, with wait staff coming around asking for drink orders. There is a quieter pool area beside the big pool where there is a jetted pool with it's own bar and canopied lounge chairs. The beach is nice and clean, with plenty of lounge chairs -- no need to 'save' chairs. The bar drinks are very good, and they do not 'skimp' on the alcohol. Wi-fi is free only in the Lobby. Wi-fi is available in your room for a 'fee'. The only small aggravations at this resort: there isn't a coffee station set up to be able to self-serve yourself. The wait staff at breakfast bring it to you, and if they are busy, they can be a bit slow in bringing coffee and orange juice. Our room was spacious and the air-conditioning worked well, but housekeeping didn't always re-stock our mini-bar items. In the evenings, mosquitoes were plentiful. I brought repellent and 'lathered' it on, but it was like I was wearing nothing at all. The resort does spray, but it doesn't help much, so activities in the evening were difficult to do. Also English speaking staff are mostly at the front desk and management. The majority of wait staff and housekeeping staff do not speak English. If you have a problem, go to the front desk.
Torn about how I feel...
BigBlu4, Portland, Oregon
Fri Sep 04 13:33:50 EDT 2015
We stayed for about 9 days from Aug14 - Aug 23rd at Gran Bahia.
This review may run a bit long, but I will try to cover each aspect of our stay.
1) Reception Check-In - Very efficient and nice. We were received in the main lobby, where transportation took us to the Bouganville (adults only/luxury) side of the hotel. They received us with fresh cold towels and a welcome drink. Check in was quick and efficient. Our bags were brought quickly to our room. - 5 stars
2) The room - Nicely furnished, nothing terribly luxurious, but not bad at all. Our TV stopped working and our A/C unit blew a hose and dumped water on the floor. But maintenance came within 5 minutes at 11pm and fixed it quickly. They also replaced the non-functioning TV. 3 stars
3) Room service - Very good. One night they forgot to leave towels, but once called corrected it quickly. 4 stars
4) Grounds - Immaculate. Very nicely designed and kept clean and absolutely gorgeous. Pool was big and nice and very clean. 5 stars.
5) Beach - Beach is beautiful. The sand is not as thick and as beautiful as in Cancun or Aruba, but the beach sits between palm trees and it is quite a sight. The only problem was the ocean water was very murky. It was not what you would expect from Caribbean waters. Locals said it was due to sediment brought by a river 4 miles away due to a storm, and usually it was not like that. Mosquitos could be a problem especially starting in the afternoon. 3 stars (due to murky ocean water). There was no problem finding beach chairs and open palapas whatsoever, no matter what time you showed up.
6) Buffet - Food was decent. Food had a lot of variety and was better than most other all-inclusives I had been in. 3-4 stars.
7) Specialty restaurants - It is the only place that I have been to, where specialty restaurant food was worse than the buffet. We tried El Pescador, Il Capriccio and Takara. With the exception of Takara, where food was decent, the other two were not worth it. Il Capriccio was the absolute worst. I ordered a lobster cannelloni and the pasta was over cooked to the point that i disintegrated on the plate and the only thing you could taste was the melted cheese on top. Neither me nor my wife finished our plates after a couple of bites. We almost felt like going back to the buffet afterwards. (1 star)
8) Drinks - Very good drinks. Compared to other all inclusives the drinks are strong and they do not skimp on the alcohol. One disappointing thing was in the lobby bar. First of all there is no A/C in the lobby bar, so if you wanted to have a drink in the evening, you had to drink it while sweating like a pig. I would usually order a Mamajuana, which is DR's national drink. The bartender apparently would hook me up with the good stuff, because when i ordered the same drink from a waitress it was completely different. When I pointed this to the waitress, she kind of had a guilty look, but did not admit that it was a different batch or brand. 4 stars for drinks, 2 stars for lobby bar.
9) Service - Leaves a lot to be desired. In the buffett, they would seat you down, bring you water or wine and you would not see the waiter for the rest of the meal. Often my wife and I would just get up and refill our own water. Meantime, you could see that waiters/waitresses would spend time looking at their cell phone, shooting the breeze with each other, do everything but provide appropriate service. In Cancun a few bucks in tips, and they know when you come in the door and treat you very well and provide fantastic service. No such thing here. We noticed that most people did not tip at all, but we did. However it made no difference in service. I told my wife there is no point in me tipping. Whether you tip or not, you got same bad service. So I stopped tipping at the buffet the last few days of our stay. The only exception was the breakfast omelette station chef, who was wonderful.
One other thing I noticed about service, is that while everyone is smiling and saying the right thing, no one would even go one step beyond their job description to provide service or solve a customer's problem. We needed to make a call to our transportation company the day before we left and the lobby concierge told us we need to call from our rooms (they charged quite handsomely for calls made from the room), and she lied saying the hotel had no ability to make external phone calls from the concierge phone. (1 star)
10) Entertainment - They had nightly entertainment from karaoke, to michael jackson tribute show, circus etc. They also had a casino and an outdoor disco which operated 11pm - 2 am.
All in all we enjoyed the sun, and the weather, and this place could really be special with some emphasis on better service.
The perfect place to disconnect. Luxurious, modern but with a tropical feel.
IMSTEPHAN, Montreal, Canada
Sun Sep 06 13:33:50 EDT 2015
STAYED ONE WEEK. AUG. 21st - AUG. 28th
Decor and amenities are great.
We were greeted at check-in with a refreshing cocktail and a humid towel to freshen up after the bus drive. ( I have to mention that La Romana airport was closed to we landed in Punta Cana). The staff was very friendly and made sure everything was taken care of. Our luggage was taken to our rooms while Corina explained everything to our party (of ten people). Miguel was very helpful in taking us to our rooms and explaining how the hotel worked.
Two of the rooms were king size bed and we needed double beds. - The hotel made the necessary adjustments fast.
BIG, CLEAN AND NICELY DECORATED.
No major problems with the rooms. Except the mini-bar did not work on the first day - but with one phone call, it was fixed right away. We stayed in Villa 53 on the second floor facing the other building. No mold, mildew or moskitos. By the way, a member of the staff comes in every nigh to close the curtains and make the beds. A very nice gesture so you don't get woken up by morning light. In other words, slept like a baby.
The hotel is small compared to others I have been to. But being in villa 53 - the furthest of the lobby - gave us a little more walking to do to get to the restaurant. That being said, the pool and spa area are big enough for the hotel size. Never saw it packed, and it is ALWAYS clean. The beach however is a very good size - AND SUPER CLEAN.
The hotel has 2 restaurants, one by the pool, one by the lobby. The others are "a la carte" and you get unlimited Access with reservation.
The gym is lacking equipment and needs some love.
Spa is great. I had a massage and even got me balloons and candles for my birthday. I wanna give a special thanks to Mercedes for that.
The food is good in general. NOT ENOUGH FISH... but the rest makes up for it!!
Breakfast ends at 10:30.
A special Mention to Brandor, who went out of his way to give us a great service. Always smiling and positive. I also want to thank Miguel our butler, and Eduardo at the beach. The two ladies placing people at the restaurant, and the young guys cleaning the beach at the end of the day.
comments and opinions on this Ratings and Reviews section of our website
are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and Apple
Vacations.passengers. They are providied 'as is' and we accept no
responsibility for any loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage
resulting from this information. You should verify critical information
(for example passports and visas, and customs) with the relevant
authorities, and review our Fair Trade Contract and Things To Know
Before You Go (including our Health and Safety Tips For Travelers)
before you travel.
Recommended for GroupsThis adults-only hotel located on Santana Beach offers all the luxurious service and fine amenities of the Don Pablo Collection, and is ready to meet guests' highest demands, whether you're here to relax, reunited with friends and loved ones, or host an organized event with the assistance of Bahia Principe staff.
Recommended for Honeymoons & Romantic GetawaysThis adults-only luxury resort opened in November 2013 on a dreamy bay with the exclusive services of the Don Pablo Collection seal. Enjoy 24-hour room service, three restaurants, a bar, and a snack bar, as well as exchange privileges with the Grand Bahia Principe La Romana.
APPLE RATINGS: Exceptional Standard of Service &
First Class; First
Class; Comfortable; Modest
Superior to other hotels with the same rating; Superior to other hotels with the same rating
Follow us for travel tips & great vacation package deals
*Unless otherwise noted, fares include ROUNDTRIP AIRFARE via U.S. certified air carrier, hotel transfers (in Mexico and the Caribbean), hotel tax, resort baggage handling, fuel surcharges and all pre-collected U.S. and foreign taxes and fees including September 11th Security Fee. Packages in Turks and Caicos or San Juan, Puerto Rico do not include airport transfers. Packages flying into Cancun but staying in Cozumel require supplemental ferry transfers at an additional cost. More details
Apple Vacations specializes in vacations to top destinations like Cancun, Punta Cana, the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Panama, Hawaii, and many others in the Caribbean and Mexico. Enjoy the convenience of one-stop shopping. Your Apple Vacation includes your flight, hotel, and transfers -- or choose an all-inclusive resort where even your meals, drinks, and more are included -- and all for one, affordable price. Whether you?re looking for a cheap flight or all-inclusive vacation, luxury vacation, family vacation, honeymoon package, last-minute vacation, golf vacation, or group travel deal, make Apple Vacations your first stop. Learn more about the Apple Advantage >