Important Note: This tour is not available for Monday and Saturday arrivals during the months of September and October.
Day 1: Upon arrival, you will be met by a Swiss Travel Costa Rica Representative. Transfer to your San José hotel for a one-night stay.
Day 2: Early transfer to the Northern Caribbean's lowlands. Admire the landscapes and beautiful evergreen mountains of the Braulio Carrillo National Park. Once on the Caribbean side, a 2.5-hour boat ride will take you through the canals sheltered in the jungle of the rainforest to Tortuguero National Park. After lunch, visit the village of Tortuguero. Overnight at your hotel for two nights.
Day 3: Tortuguero is a great place for eco-tourism lovers. Enjoy a guided hike through the jungle or explore the secondary canals where you'll see different species of mammals, birds, and reptiles. Much of the National Park extends along its unspoiled beaches that serve as refuge for spawning of the sea turtles.
Day 4: Early flight back to San José and continue by land to the northern lowlands of Costa Rica to the Arenal Volcano. Club up to central volcanic mountain range and visit the famous artisan town of Sarchí. Continue on to La Fortuna for lunch, then, visit the world-famous Tabacón Hotel Springs. Enjoy dinner at the resort and then a transfer to your hotel in the Arenal area where you'll stay for two nights.
Day 5: In the morning, you'll visit the Arenal Hanging Bridges and enjoy the impressive outlooks of the volcano over the rainforest. The afternoon is at your leisure–a visit to Arenal Volcano National Park is recommended.
Day 6: Morning at leisure. In the afternoon, transfer back to your San José hotel for your last night.
Day 7: Transfer to San José International Airport (SJO) for your departure.
Book Now »
Entrance fees to National Parks are not included. This tour is not available April 9-16, 2017. Excursions offered by Swiss Travel Costa Rica. Some excursions require physical activity. Please consider the nature of the excursion to ensure it is appropriate for your age and physical condition.
- Regular transfer from Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) to San Jose selected hotel.
- Two (2) night accommodations at Presidente Inn hotel (or similar hotel), San José.
(One night at the beginning and one night at the end of the itinerary)
- Two (2) nights / three (3) days regular package at Pachira Lodge (or similar hotel), Tortuguero.
Includes: Ground and boat transportation, lodging, daily meals, tour to the secondary Tortuguero canals and visit to the Tortuguero Village.
- Regular domestic flight to Tortuguero – San Jose.
Maximum luggage weight allowance of 40 pounds per person.
- Regular transfer from San José selected hotel to Arenal Volcano selected hotel.
Includes: Bilingual guide, lunch, Tabacón entrance fee, and dinner.
- Two (2) night accommodations at Lomas del Volcán hotel (or similar hotel), Arenal Volcano area.
- Regular half-day Hanging Bridges Tour.
Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, entrance fee.
- Regular transfer from Arenal Volcano area to San Jose area.
- Regular transfer from San José hotel to Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO).
- Six breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners.
- Sales taxes.