3 Nights - The Mighty Arenal Volcano
This tour is designed to be combined with four additional nights at a selected Guanacaste beach hotel* (transfers included). Customers not wishing to add additional nights must purchase separate transfers back to the airport. This tour includes entrance fees to national parks, three breakfasts, one lunch, and one dinner.
About the Arenal Volcano National Park...
The Arenal Volcano is considered one of the most active volcanoes in the world. It has been active since 1968 when it suddenly exploded, destroying all vegetation that covered the cone. Trees and vegetation are starting to regenerate in some areas of the volcano's base.
Day 1: Upon arrival, you will be met by a Swiss Travel Costa Rica Representative, who will provide you with all the needed documents for your vacation such as day-by-day itinerary and main contact information. Your unescorted scenic transfer takes you past Arenal Lake and country villages to your hotel in the Arenal Volcano area where you will stay three nights. (Approximate 4-hour transfer).
Day 2: After breakfast, tour the Arenal Hanging Bridges, about 2.5 miles from the Arenal Volcano National Park. With 14 bridges and a network of trails immersed in the tropical rainforest, this family-oriented attraction allows visitors of all ages to appreciate the bio-diversity of the rainforest and enjoy great views of the volcano from the bridges. In the afternoon, hike through the Arenal Volcano surroundings and then visit the world-famous Tabacón Hot Springs. Relax your muscles and rejuvenate your skin in these natural hot springs that flow through a series of pools. At the end of the tour, you will enjoy dinner at Tabacón and then be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 3: Enjoy a full-day tour discovering the natural wonders of the northern wetlands. Experienced guides will show you the different species of animals that exist in this area on a floating safari tour. The Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge together with Río Frío is a biologically wetland area, one of Costa Rica's richest areas of biological diversity. Here, you will find a great variety of resident and migratory birds, three different species of monkeys, iguanas, sloths, turtles, and caimans! In the afternoon, return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 4: Enjoy an air-conditioned, scenic transfer to your selected EP or All-Inclusive beach hotel in Guanacaste for additional nights at your leisure.
Book Now »
* Beach hotel is not included. There is an additional transfer cost required for passengers staying at Dreams Las Mareas at the conclusion of this tour package. Excursions offered by Swiss Travel Costa Rica. Some excursions require physical activity. Please consider the nature of the excursion to ensure it is appropriate for your age and physical condition.
- Meet and Greet at Liberia International Airport.
- Private unescorted transportation from Liberia International Airport to Arenal Volcano area.
- Three (3) night accommodations at Arenal Springs Hotel (or similar) in the Arenal Volcano area.
- Regular half day Arenal Hanging Bridges tour.
Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, and entrance fee.
- Regular half-day tour to Arenal Volcano and Tabacón Hot Springs Resort.
Includes: transportation, guide, entrance fee, and dinner.
- Regular full day Caño Negro & Rio Frio Safari Boat Tour.
Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, boat ride, and lunch.
- Regular transportation from Arenal Volcano to selected beach hotel in the Guanacaste area.
- Three breakfasts, one lunch, and one dinner.
- Sales taxes.