This tour is designed to be combined with three additional nights at a selected Guanacaste beach hotel (transfers included). Customers not wishing to add additional nights must purchase separate transfers back to the airport.
Day 1: Upon arrival, you will be met by a Swiss Travel Costa Rica Representative, who will provide you with all the needed documents for your vacation such as a day-by-day itinerary and main contact information. Your unescorted scenic transfer takes you past Arenal Lake and country villages to your hotel in the Arenal Volcano area where you will stay two nights. (Approximate 4-hour transfer)
Day 2: Enjoy a safari on the Peñas Blancas River, surrounded by the rainforest and rich in wildlife. Boat past monkeys, iguanas, sloths, crocodiles and tropical birds. In the afternoon, walk through the lava trails of Arenal Volcano. Visit the Tabacón Hot Springs for dinner and indulge yourself in the mineral waters.
Day 3: After breakfast, enjoy a ground/boat/ground transfer around the Arenal Lake to the Monteverde area. Enjoy great views of the mountains and the Arenal Volcano. In Monteverde, you'll take the El Trapiche Tour to visit a family-run business and learn the traditional methods of production in a local farm. You'll also visit a tilapia fish project and a small-trapiche where you'll see how sugar cane is ground and candy and brown sugar are obtained. Check-in at your Monteverde hotel for two nights.
Day 4: This day is at leisure to enjoy the optional sights and activities in the area. Perhaps pay a visit to the nearby town of Santa Elena, with its beautiful orchid garden, frog pond, serpentariums, butterfly gardens, and art galleries. You could take a tour of the local cheese factory, coffee or sugar cane plantation, or take advantage of such local activities as horseback riding, birdwatching and/or canopy/zip-line tours.
Day 5: Depart mid-morning from the highlands of Monteverde to the lowlands of the North Pacific Coast. Once in Guanacaste, check-in to your hotel for three nights at your leisure.
Book Now »
There is an additional transfer cost required for passengers staying at Dreams Las Mareas at the conclusion of this tour package. Excursions offered by Swiss Travel Costa Rica. Some excursions require physical activity. Please consider the nature of the excursion to ensure it is appropriate for your age and physical condition.
- Meet and greet at Liberia International Airport.
- Private unescorted transportation from Liberia International Airport to Arenal Volcano area.
- Two (2) night accommodations at Lomas del Volcan Hotel (or similar), Arenal Volcano area.
- Regular half-day Peñas Blancas River Safari floating tour.
Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide and safari floating tour.
- Regular half-day tour to Arenal Volcano and Tabacón Hot Springs Resort.
Includes: transportation, bilingual guide, entrance fee, and dinner.
- Regular transportation from Arenal Volcano selected hotel to Monteverde selected hotel.
- Two (2) night accommodations at your Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel..
- Regular half-day Cultural Tour.
Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, and entrance fee to El Trapiche.
- Regular transportation from Monteverde to selected beach hotel in Guanacaste.
- Four breakfasts and three dinners.
- Sales taxes.